microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

what is the correct newsgroup to ask how to uninstall .net 4

hp

10/14/2011 8:32:00 PM

I had to run a program to test something, and it needed .net 4 to run.
So after all the install things finished I got to run the test program.

later during the MS updates process the .net4 updates failed many times
to update.

So I thought, lets just delete it and start over. No Can Do, it fails to
uninstall just like it fails to update.

thanks
1 Answer

Peter Duniho

On 10/14/11 12:32 PM, hp wrote:
> I had to run a program to test something, and it needed .net 4 to run.
> So after all the install things finished I got to run the test program.
>
> later during the MS updates process the .net4 updates failed many times
> to update.
>
> So I thought, lets just delete it and start over. No Can Do, it fails to
> uninstall just like it fails to update.

System Restore?

Microsoft is encouraging users to ask questions on their web forums at
the MSDN web site. I suppose there might be an active .NET forum there.
I'm not aware of an active Usenet newsgroup more appropriate than this
one for your question.

Pete