dot matrix printer !

Luiz Macchi

9/21/2006 4:51:00 PM

Hi all ! I need to print in a lx-300 printer (condensed, draft, etc) !
is it possible with Ruby ? is there a web-site about it ? Im found
nothing about it !
thanks any help !

Paul Lutus

Luiz Macchi wrote:

> Hi all ! I need to print in a lx-300 printer (condensed, draft, etc) !
> is it possible with Ruby ? is there a web-site about it ? Im found
> nothing about it !

This requires knowledge of the printer's control codes. Some printers are
controllable solely by way of their data stream, some are not. If you knew
the specifics of the printer, and you knew it could be controlled entirely
through its data stream, then a pure Ruby program could be written to
control it.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.ara...

Mike Stok

On 21-Sep-06, at 12:51 PM, Luiz Macchi wrote:

> Hi all ! I need to print in a lx-300 printer (condensed, draft, etc) !
> is it possible with Ruby ? is there a web-site about it ? Im found
> nothing about it !
> thanks any help !

It looks like you can download a user manual for it from

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supD...
BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14245&infoType=Doc

The user manual link is above this description:

This document contains an overview of the product, basic and in-depth
usage instructions, information on using options, specifications, and
control code information.

With that information it should be possible to get something going.

Mike

--

Mike Stok <mike@stok.ca>
http://www.stok...