Creating zip files

Duane Morin

9/14/2006 1:47:00 PM

I'm sure this is a common question -- is there a plugin/lib/gem for
generating and manipulating zip files from Ruby?

ajalkane

Duane Morin wrote:
> I'm sure this is a common question -- is there a plugin/lib/gem for
> generating and manipulating zip files from Ruby?

http://rubyzip.source...

Google for ruby zip would have told you just as much ;).

Alexandru E. Ungur

>>> sender: "Duane Morin" date: "Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 10:47:01PM +0900" <<<EOQ
> I'm sure this is a common question -- is there a plugin/lib/gem for
> generating and manipulating zip files from Ruby?
gem can be used for searching just as well as for installing:

~>> gem search -r zip

*** REMOTE GEMS ***

rubyzip (0.9.1, 0.5.12, 0.5.11, 0.5.9, 0.5.8, 0.5.7, 0.5.5)
rubyzip is a ruby module for reading and writing zip files

Cheers,
Alex

Duane Morin

Duane Morin wrote:
> I'm sure this is a common question -- is there a plugin/lib/gem for
> generating and manipulating zip files from Ruby?

Never mind, I found "rubyzip" which appears to be the one. Nicely
packaged up as a gem and so on.

Duane Morin

ajalkane wrote:
> Duane Morin wrote:
>> I'm sure this is a common question -- is there a plugin/lib/gem for
>> generating and manipulating zip files from Ruby?
>
> http://rubyzip.source...
>
> Google for ruby zip would have told you just as much ;).

In my defense I googled "ruby create zip files" thinking that I would
avoid getting more generic references to just any old zip file
associated with Ruby, but I ended up getting the reverse effect and did
get lots of irrelevant stuff with no mention of the ruby zip gem in
sight. Since such a thing did not leap out at me, I posted. But then a
minute later I found it and posted a "never mind", and after that
everybody started responding :).