Re: what is the best non-rails web/ruby development environment for windows?

Gavin Kistner

9/8/2006 4:35:00 AM

From: Edward [mailto:edward@tanguay.info]
> How do most of your develop non-rails ruby webs locally?
> (I'll get into rails later, I want to get the basics of Ruby down
> first.)

I mentioned ruby-web in another response. I thought I'd also mention that it's quite convenient to pair it with SQLite (as my coworker did) for simple, fast DB transactions without having to install a full RDBMS.
1 Answer

Harold Hausman

On 9/7/06, Gavin Kistner <gavin.kistner@anark.com> wrote:
> From: Edward [mailto:edward@tanguay.info]
> > How do most of your develop non-rails ruby webs locally?
> > (I'll get into rails later, I want to get the basics of Ruby down
> > first.)
>
> I mentioned ruby-web in another response. I thought I'd also mention that it's quite convenient to pair it with SQLite (as my coworker did) for simple, fast DB transactions without having to install a full RDBMS.

Ruby Web: http://rub...
+
SQLite3: http://rubyforge.org/projects/sq...
+