Re: how to get ruby to report errors on website

Gavin Kistner

9/8/2006 4:33:00 AM

From: Edward [mailto:edward@tanguay.info]
> Is it possible to set up ruby on the web somehow so that it
> reports errors like PHP does?

Although I've only used it on one project, ruby-web is a nice little framework (er, foundation) for building web apps on top of. One of the nice things is that you get quite nice error messages when something goes wrong.

http://www.rub...

7 Answers

vbtalent

ScriptPirate;1529012 Wrote:
> On Sep 27, 5:47*pm, JohnKinKokomo <s.kn... (AT) comcast (DOT) net>
> wrote:
> > The only source that I know of for insert decals is classic-arcades.
> > They have not made any for Gilligans Island. I was wondering if
> anyone
> > has made their own before. If it's for your own personel machine
> could
> > a person get a high resolution photo (assuming I could get one from
> > someone) of the area or areas that need decals, size them, and then
> go
> > to a company with some by the foot blank mylar and have them
> printed?
> >
> > If anyone has done this or anything similar, please reply. The
> inserts
> > missing on the middle of this GI playfield is driving me nuts!
>
> I made all the insert and playfield text decals for my Sinbad using
> Corel PhotoPaint and Corel Draw. Printed them out on a Laser
> printer. Used water float decals for all the insert rings too.
> "http://www.scriptpirate.com/Decals1....
> I'm in the process of making all the insert decals for my Junkyard
> which has some color and some black/white. I'm trying a process where
> I capture the black outlines to restore the line art and will also
> print them out on Frisket paper (inkjet) to use as a mask for
> airbrushing on the White or color that goes under the artwork. I have
> an ALPS, but the white is not as dense as I would like. I'll post
> pics as I get closer to actually commiting them to the playfield. One
> word of advice... Get a layer of clear down first and sand smooth.
> The decals seem to adhere better to paint then bare plastic.
>
> Vince

Vince,

A couple of quick questions if you don't mind.

-What paper are you using for your decals?
-Are your decals printed on an inkjet or laser printer?
-Are you doing your paint touch ups before you clear or after?
-What are you using for clear?

Also really curious about this process, not exactly sure I follow...

"I'm trying a process where I capture the black outlines to restore the
line art and will also print them out on Frisket paper (inkjet) to use
as a mask for
airbrushing on the White or color that goes under the artwork."

Sinbad is looking really nice!

VB,

--
vbtalent
vbtalent's Profile: http://rgpa.../rgpforum/member.php?...

Message sent from http://rgpa...

Big Bob

On Sep 28, 7:44 am, vbtalent <vbtal...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> ScriptPirate;1529012 Wrote:
>

> > On Sep 27, 5:47*pm, JohnKinKokomo <s.kn... (AT) comcast (DOT) net>
> > wrote:
> > > The only source that I know of for insert decals is classic-arcades.
> > > They have not made any for Gilligans Island. I was wondering if
> > anyone
> > > has made their own before. If it's for your own personel machine
> > could
> > > a person get a high resolution photo (assuming I could get one from
> > > someone) of the area or areas that need decals, size them, and then
> > go
> > > to a company with some by the foot blank mylar and have them
> > printed?
>
> > > If anyone has done this or anything similar, please reply. The
> > inserts
> > > missing on the middle of this GI playfield is driving me nuts!
>
> > I made all the insert and playfield text decals for my Sinbad using
> > Corel PhotoPaint and Corel Draw.  Printed them out on a Laser
> > printer.  Used water float decals for all the insert rings too.
> > "http://www.scriptpirate.com/Decals1....
> > I'm in the process of making all the insert decals for my Junkyard
> > which has some color and some black/white.  I'm trying a process where
> > I capture the black outlines to restore the line art and will also
> > print them out on Frisket paper (inkjet) to use as a mask for
> > airbrushing on the White or color that goes under the artwork. I have
> > an ALPS, but the white is not as dense as I would like.  I'll post
> > pics as I get closer to actually commiting them to the playfield.  One
> > word of advice... Get a layer of clear down first and sand smooth.
> > The decals seem to adhere better to paint then bare plastic.
>
> > Vince
>
> Vince,
>
> A couple of quick questions if you don't mind.
>
> -What paper are you using for your decals?
> -Are your decals printed on an inkjet or laser printer?
> -Are you doing your paint touch ups before you clear or after?
> -What are you using for clear?
>
> Also really curious about this process, not exactly sure I follow...
>
> "I'm trying a process where I capture the black outlines to restore the
> line art and will also print them out on Frisket paper (inkjet) to use
> as a mask for
> airbrushing on the White or color that goes under the artwork."
>
> Sinbad is looking really nice!
>
> VB,
>
> --
> vbtalent
> vbtalent's Profile:http://rgparchive.com/rgpforum/member.php?...
> View this thread:http://rgparchive.com/rgpforum/showthread.ph...
>
> Message sent fromhttp://rgpar... Hide quoted text -

From my research and testing I use the process mentioned above using
the Alps. Double print the white backing and then the color or the
black. I have found it best to undercoat the black also since it looks
nicer. Artwork generation is the easy part, assuming you have a
scanner.

Bob

JohnKinKokomo

That's part of the problem. I do not have a scanner. On my PF the art
that I need is gone. So I need a good scan of the lava seltser area at
the very least. Would be willing to pay a few bucks to someone for a
good scan so I can get this project done. Anyone with a decent GI
playfield and a good scanner? Anyone?

kbliznick

On Sep 28, 8:44 am, JohnKinKokomo <s.kn...@comcast.net> wrote:
> That's part of the problem. I do not have a scanner. On my PF the art
> that I need is gone. So I need a good scan of the lava seltser area at
> the very least. Would be willing to pay a few bucks to someone for a
> good scan so I can get this project done. Anyone with a decent GI
> playfield and a good scanner? Anyone?

scanners can be picked up cheap. I got mine new for $30 and it's
worked for several years.

Big Bob

On Sep 28, 11:44 am, JohnKinKokomo <s.kn...@comcast.net> wrote:
> That's part of the problem. I do not have a scanner. On my PF the art
> that I need is gone. So I need a good scan of the lava seltser area at
> the very least. Would be willing to pay a few bucks to someone for a
> good scan so I can get this project done. Anyone with a decent GI
> playfield and a good scanner? Anyone?

Hopefully someone will help you out with a scan. I used to have a GI
but no longer.

kruzman

On Sep 28, 2:31 am, ScriptPirate <scriptpir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 27, 5:47 pm, JohnKinKokomo <s.kn...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > The only source that I know of for insert decals is classic-arcades.
> > They have not made any for Gilligans Island. I was wondering if anyone
> > has made their own before. If it's for your own personel machine could
> > a person get a high resolution photo (assuming I could get one from
> > someone) of the area or areas that need decals, size them, and then go
> > to a company with some by the foot blank mylar and have them printed?
>
> > If anyone has done this or anything similar, please reply. The inserts
> > missing on the middle of this GI playfield is driving me nuts!
>
> I made all the insert and playfield text decals for my Sinbad using
> Corel PhotoPaint and Corel Draw.  Printed them out on a Laser
> printer.  Used water float decals for all the insert rings too.
> "http://www.scriptpirate.com/Decals1....
> I'm in the process of making all the insert decals for my Junkyard
> which has some color and some black/white.  I'm trying a process where
> I capture the black outlines to restore the line art and will also
> print them out on Frisket paper (inkjet) to use as a mask for
> airbrushing on the White or color that goes under the artwork. I have
> an ALPS, but the white is not as dense as I would like.  I'll post
> pics as I get closer to actually commiting them to the playfield.  One
> word of advice... Get a layer of clear down first and sand smooth.
> The decals seem to adhere better to paint then bare plastic.
>
> Vince

Vince knows what he is doing. His work is very good. I have one thing
to add: many times waterslides are not dark enough when tested with a
light behind the insert. I would paint on top of the waterslide to
make sure it is dark enough.

ScriptPirate

On Sep 28, 6:44 am, vbtalent <vbtal...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> ScriptPirate;1529012 Wrote:
>

> > On Sep 27, 5:47*pm, JohnKinKokomo <s.kn... (AT) comcast (DOT) net>
> > wrote:
> > > The only source that I know of for insert decals is classic-arcades.
> > > They have not made any for Gilligans Island. I was wondering if
> > anyone
> > > has made their own before. If it's for your own personel machine
> > could
> > > a person get a high resolution photo (assuming I could get one from
> > > someone) of the area or areas that need decals, size them, and then
> > go
> > > to a company with some by the foot blank mylar and have them
> > printed?
>
> > > If anyone has done this or anything similar, please reply. The
> > inserts
> > > missing on the middle of this GI playfield is driving me nuts!
>
> > I made all the insert and playfield text decals for my Sinbad using
> > Corel PhotoPaint and Corel Draw.  Printed them out on a Laser
> > printer.  Used water float decals for all the insert rings too.
> > "http://www.scriptpirate.com/Decals1....
> > I'm in the process of making all the insert decals for my Junkyard
> > which has some color and some black/white.  I'm trying a process where
> > I capture the black outlines to restore the line art and will also
> > print them out on Frisket paper (inkjet) to use as a mask for
> > airbrushing on the White or color that goes under the artwork. I have
> > an ALPS, but the white is not as dense as I would like.  I'll post
> > pics as I get closer to actually commiting them to the playfield.  One
> > word of advice... Get a layer of clear down first and sand smooth.
> > The decals seem to adhere better to paint then bare plastic.
>
> > Vince
>
> Vince,
>
> A couple of quick questions if you don't mind.
>
> -What paper are you using for your decals?
> -Are your decals printed on an inkjet or laser printer?
> -Are you doing your paint touch ups before you clear or after?
> -What are you using for clear?
>
> Also really curious about this process, not exactly sure I follow...
>
> "I'm trying a process where I capture the black outlines to restore the
> line art and will also print them out on Frisket paper (inkjet) to use
> as a mask for
> airbrushing on the White or color that goes under the artwork."
>
> Sinbad is looking really nice!
>
> VB,
>
> --
> vbtalent
> vbtalent's Profile:http://rgpa.../rgpforum/member.php?...
> View this thread:http://rgpa.../rgpforum/showthread.ph...
>
> Message sent fromhttp://rgpa...

vbtalent

I have been using decal paper from Micro Mark ("http://
www.micromark.com"), but I have been thinking of sampling other brands
to see if there is much of a difference. I have both an ALPS (dye
sublimation) and laser printers. Which one I use, depends on what's
needed. If it's only black, I use the Laser every time. The toner is
much denser and is applied heavier. For color on white surfaces I also
use the Laser again, color density is better. But for color on non-
white you cannot beat the ALPS. Unfortunately ALPS printers are not
made any longer and supplies are getting very hard to find. I have an
MD-1300 which doesn't do as well as the 5000 with layering multiple
coats of the white underlayment. So I figured I'd try airbrushing
white under the black decal - nothing ventured nothing gained. If it
doesn't work out in my tests then it's back to using the ALPS.

On my first PF I touched up before any clear was applied. The Junkyard
is already cleared (factory diamond coat) and doesn't need much in the
way of touch up, just big time insert repair. But, for the Gorgar I
will laying down some clear first, level sanding, touch up and decals,
then more clear. For the Sinbad I used Varitane and will for the
Gorgar too. I've not decided what to do with the Junkyard. It could
use an automotive clear, but I'm not in a position to shoot that
myself, so still thinking about it.

Hope this helps.

Vince