Jason Nordwick

9/6/2006 10:24:00 PM

Is there a way to make the lower end or both ends of a range exclusive? I would like (1..5) and (1..5]

-jason

8 Answers

Robin Stocker

Jason Nordwick wrote:
> Is there a way to make the lower end or both ends of a range exclusive?
> I would like (1..5) and (1..5]
>
> -jason

Use three points to exclude the end:

>> (1..5).to_a
=> [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
>> (1...5).to_a
=> [1, 2, 3, 4]

Robin

Hal E. Fulton

Jason Nordwick wrote:
> Is there a way to make the lower end or both ends of a range exclusive?
> I would like (1..5) and (1..5]

Sorry, you can only exclude the upper bound (with ...).

Hal

MartinS

"Enzo Matrix" <enzo55@hotmail.com> wrote:
> MartinS writted:
>> thedarkman <A_Baron@ABaron.Demon.Co.UK> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.digitaljournal.com/arti...
>>
>> "Thus, the magnificent Graeme Hawley bows out in style, too early to be
>> typecast for the rest of his career, so watch out for him treading the
>> boards as Hamlet, Macbeth, or even a British Hannibal Lecter."
>>
>> "Magnificent"???? ;-)
>
> He! Is the Magnificent! W-O-O-O!

You might say that. I couldn't possibly comment.

--
Martin S.

GordonD

"MartinS" <me@my.place.invalid> wrote in message
> thedarkman <A_Baron@ABaron.Demon.Co.UK> wrote:
>
>> http://www.digitaljournal.com/arti...
>
> "Thus, the magnificent Graeme Hawley bows out in style, too early to be
> typecast for the rest of his career, so watch out for him treading the
> boards as Hamlet, Macbeth, or even a British Hannibal Lecter."
>
> "Magnificent"???? ;-)
>
> Anthony Hopkins is British - born in Margam, Wales on 31 December 1937.

And Brian Cox (who played him first) is Scots.
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

"Slipped the surly bonds of Earth...to touch the face of God."

MartinS

"GordonD" <g.davie@btinternet.com> wrote:
> "MartinS" <me@my.place.invalid> wrote...
>> thedarkman <A_Baron@ABaron.Demon.Co.UK> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.digitaljournal.com/arti...
>>
>> "Thus, the magnificent Graeme Hawley bows out in style, too early to
>> be typecast for the rest of his career, so watch out for him treading
>> the boards as Hamlet, Macbeth, or even a British Hannibal Lecter."
>>
>> "Magnificent"???? ;-)
>>
>> Anthony Hopkins is British - born in Margam, Wales on 31 December
>> 1937.
>
> And Brian Cox (who played him first) is Scots.

Manhunt, TV series 1970. Another Z Cars alumnus. From Dundee.

Aged 65, a very prolific stage (RSC), silver screen and TV actor.

--
Martin S.

John Dean

MartinS wrote:
> thedarkman <A_Baron@ABaron.Demon.Co.UK> wrote:
>
>> http://www.digitaljournal.com/arti...
>
> "Thus, the magnificent Graeme Hawley bows out in style, too early to
> be typecast for the rest of his career, so watch out for him treading
> the boards as Hamlet, Macbeth, or even a British Hannibal Lecter."
>
> "Magnificent"???? ;-)
>
> Anthony Hopkins is British - born in Margam, Wales on 31 December
> 1937.

British / American - naturalised US citizen since 2000

--
John Dean
Oxford

MartinS

"John Dean" <john-dean@fraglineone.net> wrote:
> MartinS wrote:
>> thedarkman <A_Baron@ABaron.Demon.Co.UK> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.digitaljournal.com/arti...
>>
>> "Thus, the magnificent Graeme Hawley bows out in style, too early to
>> be typecast for the rest of his career, so watch out for him treading
>> the boards as Hamlet, Macbeth, or even a British Hannibal Lecter."
>>
>> "Magnificent"???? ;-)
>>
>> Anthony Hopkins is British - born in Margam, Wales on 31 December
>> 1937.
>
> British / American - naturalised US citizen since 2000

He still speaks in a British accent, unlike Hugh Laurie who is now doing
commercials for an anti-wrinkle cream for men. Since his face is largely
covered with beard, who would notice the difference?

--
Martin S.

Truebrit.

> "John Dean" <john-dean@fraglineone.net> wrote:
>> MartinS wrote:

>>> "Thus, the magnificent Graeme Hawley bows out in style, too early to
>>> be typecast for the rest of his career, so watch out for him treading
>>> the boards as Hamlet, Macbeth, or even a British Hannibal Lecter."
>>>
>>> "Magnificent"???? ;-)
>>>
>>> Anthony Hopkins is British - born in Margam, Wales on 31 December
>>> 1937.
>>
>> British / American - naturalised US citizen since 2000
>
> "MartinS" <me@my.place.invalid> wrote:
> He still speaks in a British accent, unlike Hugh Laurie who is now doing
> commercials for an anti-wrinkle cream for men. Since his face is largely
> covered with beard, who would notice the difference?

You are being generous in referring to that scruffy mess on his phizog as a
beard.

--
Cheers!
Alex.C