Gem question; error on list -r

Patrick Gundlach

I've put my gem command into an unusable state:

~$ gem list --r

*** REMOTE GEMS ***
Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rub...
ERROR: While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
private method `scan' called for #<YAML::PrivateType:0x3849600>

I've previously removed source_cache, with source_cache in place, I get
the following

*** REMOTE GEMS ***
Need to update 2 gems from http://gems.rub...
ERROR: While executing gem ... (URI::InvalidURIError)
bad URI(is not URI?):
http://gems.rub.../quick/activerecord-jdbc-#<gem::version:0xa53ac84>.gemspec.rz

Could anybody point me to a solution?

TIA,
Patrick

Ola Bini

Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've put my gem command into an unusable state:
>
> ~$ gem list --r
>
> *** REMOTE GEMS ***
> Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rub...
> ERROR: While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
> private method `scan' called for #<YAML::PrivateType:0x3849600>
>
> I've previously removed source_cache, with source_cache in place, I get
> the following
>
> *** REMOTE GEMS ***
> Need to update 2 gems from http://gems.rub...
> .ERROR: While executing gem ... (URI::InvalidURIError)
> bad URI(is not URI?):
> http://gems.rub.../quick/activerecord-jdbc-#<gem::version:0xa53ac84>.gemspec.rz
>
> Could anybody point me to a solution?
>
> TIA,
> Patrick

Actually, this is a global state, due to my recent release. In some way,
this have corrupted the source index. Sadly, RubyForge blows when I try
to remove the erraneous file...

--
Ola Bini (http://ola-bini.bl...)
JvYAML, RbYAML, JRuby and Jatha contributor