Control of Browser

Peter Meier

is there a possibility to control a browser like Firefox or IE with ruby?

I' thinking about a script to login in a system and do some operations
there - pushing buttons, ....

Thanks
Peter
4 Answers

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Peter Meier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a possibility to control a browser like Firefox or IE with ruby?
>
> I' thinking about a script to login in a system and do some operations
> there - pushing buttons, ....
>

> Thanks
> Peter

On Windows, there's WATIR to drive IE. I'm not sure about Firefox on
Windows or any browsers on non-Windows systems.

Farrel Lifson

On 02/09/06, Peter Meier <PeterMeier@antispam.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a possibility to control a browser like Firefox or IE with ruby?
>
> I' thinking about a script to login in a system and do some operations
> there - pushing buttons, ....
>

> Thanks
> Peter

Have a look at Selenium on Rails: http://www.openqa.org/selenium...

Gennady Bystritsky

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Peter Meier wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there a possibility to control a browser like Firefox or IE with
>> ruby?
>>
>> I' thinking about a script to login in a system and do some
>> operations there - pushing buttons, ....
>>

>> Thanks
>> Peter
>>

> On Windows, there's WATIR to drive IE. I'm not sure about Firefox on
> Windows or any browsers on non-Windows systems.

WATIR also drives Safari on Mac OS X
(http://rubyforge.org/projects/sa...). Information on Watir for
Firefox can be found here:
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/FireWatir+-+WATiR+f...