Re: DNS server

Francis Cianfrocca

9/1/2006 2:39:00 PM

On 9/1/06, Joey <rubytalk@eachmapinject.com> wrote:
> Hi guys!
> I was just wondering if anyone had written an authoritative DNS server in
> Ruby? It would be much appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> j`ey
> http://www.eachmap...

What are you trying to accomplish that can't be done with standard DNS servers?

1 Answer

Arnaud Bergeron

On 9/1/06, Joey <rubytalk@eachmapinject.com> wrote:
> On 9/1/06, Francis Cianfrocca <garbagecat10@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry if I'm making more of this than you intend, but by "very simple" I
> > think you mean a reasonably-full featured DNS server that is far easier to
> > install, configure, manage, and secure than the standard servers. Right?
> > What about a CLI/DSL + Rails interface on top of a standard server?
> >
> > In a nutshell, yes! :) Ill look into CLI/DSL. Any where I should start?

Or you could look into somthing else than Bind (which no doubt what is
giving you problems with config :)

My personal favourite: http://cr.yp.to/d...

It could also work with a Rails interface but to me that would be
extra complexity

--
"What is your function in life?" - Killer