Re: IO and an encoded email attachment

John Johnson

8/31/2006 4:32:00 PM

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:26:37 -0400, Jon Leighton <turnip@turnipspatch.co=
m> =

wrote:

> appears to come down to Ruby treating the base64 encoded attachment
> really weirdly when doing IO stuff.
> I have this small script (you can ignore the gsub it doesn't make a
> difference):
> text =3D $stdin.read.gsub(/([`\$\\"])/, '\\\\\1')
> command =3D 'echo "' + text + '"'
> output =3D `#{command}`

This is probably because the echo command is a command that is built int=
o =

the shell. Try finding an echo program, like this:
which echo
Then use that with the full path in the command=3D line.
It worked for me after I did that.

Regards,
JJ

-- =

Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera...

13 Answers

Beam Me Up Scotty

On 8/23/2010 1:21 PM, Phlip wrote:
>> Except that the money belongs to them, failure. Try not to cry :)
>
> Then how about we cut all the services we give them for free, like
> roads, airports, police protection, etc.

Police are funded locally, from local taxes.

Roads are from local gasoline sales tax....

Airports are combined and "run" from Federal excise tax, payed each time
used.

Bush checks must have been Federal tax, which is just wasted money.

Bush Retarded Repubs

"Beam Me Up Scotty" <Then-Destroy-Everything@Blackhole.NebulaX.com> wrote in
message news:4C72B4F2.4000404@Blackhole.NebulaX.com...
> On 8/23/2010 1:21 PM, Phlip wrote:
>>> Except that the money belongs to them, failure. Try not to cry :)
>>
>> Then how about we cut all the services we give them for free, like
>> roads, airports, police protection, etc.
>
> Police are funded locally, from local taxes.
>
> Roads are from local gasoline sales tax....
>
> Airports are combined and "run" from Federal excise tax, payed each time
> used.
>

> Bush checks must have been Federal tax, which is just wasted money.

Not.

wy

On Aug 23, 1:06 pm, Not Sure <fred1321...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 23, 10:00 am, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>

> > Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman notes in his New York Times
> > column today that extending the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest
> > Americans would be the equivalent of writing checks “averaging $3
> > million each to the richest 120,000 people in the country.”
>
> > Krugman also notes that making all the tax cuts permanent would “cost
> > the federal government $680 billion in revenue over the next 10
> > years.”
>
> >http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/23/opinion/23krugm...

> > Ain't that great?
>
> > Harry
>
> Except that the money belongs to them, failure. Try not to cry :)

How does it belong to them?

DeepDudu

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:50:42 -0400, Beam Me Up Scotty
<Then-Destroy-Everything@Blackhole.NebulaX.com> wrote:

>On 8/23/2010 1:21 PM, Phlip wrote:
>>> Except that the money belongs to them, failure. Try not to cry :)
>>
>> Then how about we cut all the services we give them for free, like
>> roads, airports, police protection, etc.
>
>Police are funded locally, from local taxes.
>
>Roads are from local gasoline sales tax....
>
>Airports are combined and "run" from Federal excise tax, payed each time
>used.
>

>Bush checks must have been Federal tax, which is just wasted money.

You're a really ignorant fuck.

Foxtrot

wy <wy_@myself.com> wrote:

>Not Sure <fred1321...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Except that the money belongs to them, failure. Try not to cry :)
>
>How does it belong to them?

Lower taxes means the government takes less from them.

rfischer

Not Sure <fred1321123@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Aug 23, 10:00?am, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>> Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman notes in his New York Times
>> column today that extending the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest
>> Americans would be the equivalent of writing checks ?averaging $3
>> million each to the richest 120,000 people in the country.?
>>
>> Krugman also notes that making all the tax cuts permanent would ?cost
>> the federal government $680 billion in revenue over the next 10
>> years.?
>>
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/23/opinion/23krugm...

>> Ain't that great?
>>
>Except that the money belongs to them, failure.

Another rightard who insists that anything he wants is his and that he
shouldn't have to pay for anything.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer@sonic.net

rfischer

Foxtrot <foxtrot@null.com> wrote:
>wy <wy_@myself.com> wrote:
>>Not Sure <fred1321...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Except that the money belongs to them, failure. Try not to cry :)
>>
>>How does it belong to them?
>
>Lower taxes means the government takes less from them.

"I want that new BMW and I'm going to pay you $1000 for it. It's my
money so no, you do NOT get to charge me the $50,000 it's worth."

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer@sonic.net

Phlip

On Aug 23, 1:01 pm, Foxtrot <foxt...@null.com> wrote:
> wy <w...@myself.com> wrote:
> >Not Sure <fred1321...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Except that the money belongs to them, failure. Try not to cry :)
>
> >How does it belong to them?
>
> Lower taxes means the government takes less from them.

and more from us

Beam Me Up Scotty

On 8/24/2010 1:24 PM, Phlip wrote:
> On Aug 23, 1:01 pm, Foxtrot <foxt...@null.com> wrote:
>> wy <w...@myself.com> wrote:
>>
>>> How does it belong to them?
>>
>> Lower taxes means the government takes less from them.
>
> and more from us

Lower taxes isn't the Holy Grail, but a rational tax system is....

Foxtrot

rfischer@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:

>Foxtrot <foxtrot@null.com> wrote:

>>Lower taxes means the government takes less from them.
>
>"I want that new BMW and I'm going to pay you $1000 for it. It's my
>money so no, you do NOT get to charge me the $50,000 it's worth."

The BMW dealer doesn't take your money to begin with.