Re: IO and an encoded email attachment

Cliff Cyphers

8/31/2006 4:20:00 PM

Jon Leighton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been trying to set up a small Ruby script as a spam filter. It
> would be used as a content_filter from Postfix, and then pass the
> message to SpamAssassin. I didn't use SA as a direct content filter
> because I wanted the flexibility to be able to do things like pick and
> choose which email addresses get filtered.

If you use procmail for your MDA you can set up recipes so that you can
pass incoming message that match these rules to spamd. This is a much
faster solution than implementing in Ruby. Just something to consider.

8 Answers

Jon Leighton

Cliff Cyphers wrote:
> Jon Leighton wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have been trying to set up a small Ruby script as a spam filter. It
>> would be used as a content_filter from Postfix, and then pass the
>> message to SpamAssassin. I didn't use SA as a direct content filter
>> because I wanted the flexibility to be able to do things like pick and
>> choose which email addresses get filtered.
>>
> If you use procmail for your MDA you can set up recipes so that you can
> pass incoming message that match these rules to spamd. This is a much
> faster solution than implementing in Ruby. Just something to consider.

Thanks for the suggestion. I considered procmail but didn't really want
to use it because I already had set up a working system using Postfix
and virtual mailboxes. I'm sure that's possible in procmail too but just
adds another technology to the chain and something else to learn.
However, if we can't find a reasonable solution to this problem I may
reconsider it.

Pieter

"george" <georgeculolias@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
On Oct 3, 3:53 pm, george <georgeculol...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> First part
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P...
>
> Second part
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W...
>
> Last part
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c...
>
> I'd like to discuss my ideas if any of you want to. I also left some
> parts out and if after watching it I'd be willing to discuss those
> also I.E what happens to me if I choose to condemn or see evil in any
> form?

Since no one has said anything..

-.-.-.-. Hi George,

It's only now that I saw your video presentation
(and immedialety looked at it).
Since it's very late here already (0.54 AM), I will
respond tomorrow.
Pieter.

I'll go first and start with what I
forgot to put into the presentation. If I chose to see evil in any
form, if I choose to condemn in any form or for any reason all that
does it make ME the evil one. Because now by CHOOSING to have that
perception I HAVE to fight against it and now I'm on the ego's side of
the board. MY CHOICE of perceptions is ALWAYS about what I am. I can
see things either way in this world, nothing is fact, but only a
choice of what I WANT to see. Do I want to see this with God's loving
eyes where everything and everyone is perfect and doing the best they
can with what they know right now. Or do I want to choose to be
unhappy and condemn and become the evil one myself because of my
choice?

This is why IMO ACIM says all grievances are an attack on God's plan
of salvation. God's plan of salvation is here now. To have it, I want
to accept EVERYTHING and EVERYONE as perfect now. That all of us are
doing the best we can with what we know. That nothing and no one is to
be condemned for ANYTHING. That everything happens for a reason and
God knows what he's doing.

To have ANY grievance is to attack God's plan of salvation that
everything and everyone is perfect NOW. That everyone is doing exactly
what they should be doing to learn the lessons they need to learn.
Just like I needed to be a drug addict to learn I didn't want to be
one. So it was perfect for me even at the time I was doing it.

eluq

"george" <georgeculolias@hotmail.com> wrote in message

When you state
> "Do I want to see this with God's loving eyes where everything and
> everyone
> is perfect and doing the best they can with what they know right now."
> does
> it seem consistent to say everyone is perfect and then they are trying?

ahh good point. IMO everyone is perfect and trying to understand it.
The process of everyone coming into the understanding is perfect and
because of it's perfection it encompasses the trying...lol..oh I like
it!

> There is only Perfection and all else that may seem to be is an impossible
> thought. The process of healing the mind within this false thought realm
> is
> perfect the false thought is not.
>
> Everyone & everything is perfect now but that is not reflected in the
> aspect
> of mind that sought to express outside of the mind of God. The jon and
> george road to salvation is not to try to accept that the content of
> perception is perfect but to recognize that it is a false thought and only
> Perfection IS.

You are not the only person that has told me this. That what I need to
concentrate on is that I'm really not even here is the way someone
else put it. I have a hard time understanding that kind of thinking.
It doesn't seem real to me or make sense. Maybe one day it will. I do
understand the thoughts I've put forth here and on the presentation as
they seem easy to grasp and easy to put into practice. To me that
seems like the way God would think and would have our salvation mapped
out. Easy to understand and easy to put into practice but of course I
could be wrong.

Hi again,

Maybe I should expand on what I tried to say. I not saying to ignore the
"here". The "here" obviously is a belief in a mind because it seems to be.
It comes back to a misidentification with a "me" that seems to be here.
There is a belief in a "me" "here" because of the mind's purposeful
projection of perception. No biggie just bring it up because I don't
discount what we believe in perception. Perception is made to mislead us so
as long as there is belief in what perception tells me it is just as real to
me as Reality. It isn't real but if I believe it to be real it has the same
effect.

The "it is all illusion anyway" statement is pointless if there is belief in
the illusion. We see belief in the false illustrated over & over in the
perception. Pretty hard to convince a anorexic that it is all just a
misperception. Yet the C talks about our great need is instruction in
perception. And that "true perception" is part of the process, so what you
are describing could and probably is part of the clarifying of perception.
Probably what we are discussing are just different points on the same line.

peace, bro

Pieter

On 5 okt, 16:42, george <georgeculol...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 3, 3:53 pm, george <georgeculol...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > First part
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P...
>
> > Second part
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W...
>
> > Last part
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c...
>
> > I'd like to discuss my ideas if any of you want to. I also left some
> > parts out and if after watching it I'd be willing to discuss those
> > also I.E what happens to me if I choose to condemn or see evil in any
> > form?
>
> Since no one has said anything..I'll go first and start with what I
> forgot to put into the presentation. If I chose to see evil in any
> form, if I choose to condemn in any form or for any reason all that
> does it make ME the evil one. Because now by CHOOSING to have that
> perception I HAVE to fight against it and now I'm on the ego's side of
> the board. MY CHOICE of perceptions is ALWAYS about what I am. I can
> see things either way in this world, nothing is fact, but only a
> choice of what I WANT to see. Do I want to see this with God's loving
> eyes where everything and everyone is perfect and doing the best they
> can with what they know right now. Or do I want to choose to be
> unhappy and condemn and become the evil one myself because of my
> choice?
>
> This is why IMO ACIM says all grievances are an attack on God's plan
> of salvation. God's plan of salvation is here now. To have it, I want
> to accept EVERYTHING and EVERYONE as perfect now. That all of us are
> doing the best we can with what we know. That nothing and no one is to
> be condemned for ANYTHING. That everything happens for a reason and
> God knows what he's doing.
>
> To have ANY grievance is to attack God's plan of salvation that
> everything and everyone is perfect NOW. That everyone is doing exactly
> what they should be doing to learn the lessons they need to learn.
> Just like I needed to be a drug addict to learn I didn't want to be
> one. So it was perfect for me even at the time I was doing it.

Completely agreed.
My brothers ARE perfect; it makes no difference if
they don't know that themselves. They are perfect
(and one with one another and with God) because
God created them. That we temporary have forgotten
our perfection and dream of being imperfect and doing
imperfect things, makes no difference for what we are
in truth.
In order to remember our true nature, our perceptions
must be healed by means of forgiveness; looking with
the vision of Christ.
We cannot simply brush off perception; it has to be
healed before it can be translated into knowledge.

expires

On Tue Oct 06 2009 21:18:07 GMT+0200
Pieter <hrdouwes@zonnet.nl> wrote:
> On 5 okt, 16:42, george <georgeculol...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On Oct 3, 3:53 pm, george <georgeculol...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> First part
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P...
>>> Second part
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W...
>>> Last part
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c...
>>> I'd like to discuss my ideas if any of you want to. I also left some
>>> parts out and if after watching it I'd be willing to discuss those
>>> also I.E what happens to me if I choose to condemn or see evil in any
>>> form?
>> Since no one has said anything..I'll go first and start with what I
>> forgot to put into the presentation. If I chose to see evil in any
>> form, if I choose to condemn in any form or for any reason all that
>> does it make ME the evil one. Because now by CHOOSING to have that
>> perception I HAVE to fight against it and now I'm on the ego's side of
>> the board. MY CHOICE of perceptions is ALWAYS about what I am. I can
>> see things either way in this world, nothing is fact, but only a
>> choice of what I WANT to see. Do I want to see this with God's loving
>> eyes where everything and everyone is perfect and doing the best they
>> can with what they know right now. Or do I want to choose to be
>> unhappy and condemn and become the evil one myself because of my
>> choice?
>>
>> This is why IMO ACIM says all grievances are an attack on God's plan
>> of salvation. God's plan of salvation is here now. To have it, I want
>> to accept EVERYTHING and EVERYONE as perfect now. That all of us are
>> doing the best we can with what we know. That nothing and no one is to
>> be condemned for ANYTHING. That everything happens for a reason and
>> God knows what he's doing.
>>
>> To have ANY grievance is to attack God's plan of salvation that
>> everything and everyone is perfect NOW. That everyone is doing exactly
>> what they should be doing to learn the lessons they need to learn.
>> Just like I needed to be a drug addict to learn I didn't want to be
>> one. So it was perfect for me even at the time I was doing it.
>
> Completely agreed.
> My brothers ARE perfect; it makes no difference if
> they don't know that themselves. They are perfect
> (and one with one another and with God) because
> God created them. That we temporary have forgotten
> our perfection and dream of being imperfect and doing
> imperfect things, makes no difference for what we are
> in truth.
> In order to remember our true nature, our perceptions
> must be healed by means of forgiveness; looking with
> the vision of Christ.
> We cannot simply brush off perception; it has to be
> healed before it can be translated into knowledge.

Why bother to "forgive/heal" illusions (the unreal)?
Isn't "forgiveness/healing" illusions a/the perfect
way to preserve/continue illusions/dreaming indefi-
nitely? As long as one desires (good/happy) percep-
tions/dreaming, one will have that, the unreal, and
more to the point, the unreal will have/keep you in
its grip, will continue to enslave you. Why not just
stop imagining -- by trying to not treat (reacting
*within* oneself) to the unreal as if it were real?
--expires

Ted

"expires" <expires.2009sep31.v8i@maxi-bayern.de> wrote in message
> On Tue Oct 06 2009 21:18:07 GMT+0200
> Pieter <hrdouwes@zonnet.nl> wrote:

>>> Since no one has said anything..I'll go first and start with what I
>>> forgot to put into the presentation. If I chose to see evil in any
>>> form, if I choose to condemn in any form or for any reason all that
>>> does it make ME the evil one. Because now by CHOOSING to have that
>>> perception I HAVE to fight against it and now I'm on the ego's side of
>>> the board. MY CHOICE of perceptions is ALWAYS about what I am. I can
>>> see things either way in this world, nothing is fact, but only a
>>> choice of what I WANT to see. Do I want to see this with God's loving
>>> eyes where everything and everyone is perfect and doing the best they
>>> can with what they know right now. Or do I want to choose to be
>>> unhappy and condemn and become the evil one myself because of my
>>> choice?
>>>
>>> This is why IMO ACIM says all grievances are an attack on God's plan
>>> of salvation. God's plan of salvation is here now. To have it, I want
>>> to accept EVERYTHING and EVERYONE as perfect now. That all of us are
>>> doing the best we can with what we know. That nothing and no one is to
>>> be condemned for ANYTHING. That everything happens for a reason and
>>> God knows what he's doing.
>>>
>>> To have ANY grievance is to attack God's plan of salvation that
>>> everything and everyone is perfect NOW. That everyone is doing exactly
>>> what they should be doing to learn the lessons they need to learn.
>>> Just like I needed to be a drug addict to learn I didn't want to be
>>> one. So it was perfect for me even at the time I was doing it.
>>
>> Completely agreed.
>> My brothers ARE perfect; it makes no difference if
>> they don't know that themselves. They are perfect
>> (and one with one another and with God) because
>> God created them. That we temporary have forgotten
>> our perfection and dream of being imperfect and doing
>> imperfect things, makes no difference for what we are
>> in truth.
>> In order to remember our true nature, our perceptions
>> must be healed by means of forgiveness; looking with
>> the vision of Christ.
>> We cannot simply brush off perception; it has to be
>> healed before it can be translated into knowledge.
>
> Why bother to "forgive/heal" illusions (the unreal)?
> Isn't "forgiveness/healing" illusions a/the perfect
> way to preserve/continue illusions/dreaming indefi-
> nitely? As long as one desires (good/happy) percep-
> tions/dreaming, one will have that, the unreal, and
> more to the point, the unreal will have/keep you in
> its grip, will continue to enslave you. Why not just
> stop imagining -- by trying to not treat (reacting
> *within* oneself) to the unreal as if it were real?
> --expires

Yes!

mazzel

>> Why bother to "forgive/heal" illusions (the unreal)?
>> Isn't "forgiveness/healing" illusions a/the perfect
>> way to preserve/continue illusions/dreaming indefi-
>> nitely?
>
> I'm taking my ques from ACIM. This is what it teaches. That perception
> must be healed so the dreamer can have a happy dream. I know whoever
> wrote it is way smarter than me.

Whoever? Isn't the author unambiguous on that point?

> As long as one desires (good/happy) percep-
>> tions/dreaming, one will have that, the unreal, and
>> more to the point, the unreal will have/keep you in
>> its grip, will continue to enslave you.
>
> Not according to how I read ACIM. It says this is a step in
> unenslavement. I know for me it has proven to me that I'm in control
> of this world by my choices of how I see it. That in itself has made
> me stronger happier and I enjoy this life here much more because I
> found out how powerful my thoughts and choices are.
>
> Why not just
>> stop imagining -- by trying to not treat (reacting
>> *within* oneself) to the unreal as if it were real?
>
> I don't now how to do that :) Maybe one day I will!

Practise, practise, practise. The Teacher will not fail, and trusts in you
completely. :-)

namazt?

>> --expires

Pieter

"Jasmine" <zehnoner@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
On Oct 7, 5:03 am, Pieter <hrdou...@zonnet.nl> wrote:
> On 7 okt, 00:33, expires <expires.2009sep31....@maxi-bayern.de> wrote:
>

> > On Tue Oct 06 2009 21:18:07 GMT+0200
> > Pieter <hrdou...@zonnet.nl> wrote:
> > > On 5 okt, 16:42, george <georgeculol...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Completely agreed.
> > > My brothers ARE perfect; it makes no difference if
> > > they don't know that themselves. They are perfect
> > > (and one with one another and with God) because
> > > God created them. That we temporary have forgotten
> > > our perfection and dream of being imperfect and doing
> > > imperfect things, makes no difference for what we are
> > > in truth.
> > > In order to remember our true nature, our perceptions
> > > must be healed by means of forgiveness; looking with
> > > the vision of Christ.
> > > We cannot simply brush off perception; it has to be
> > > healed before it can be translated into knowledge.
>
> > Why bother to "forgive/heal" illusions (the unreal)?
>
> Who says that illusions must be forgiven?
> That of course makes no sense.
> It is PERCEPTION that must be healed;
> that is: no longer perceiving as real what is but illusion.
> The healing process is relinquishing the investment
> in illusions. When the process is completed,
> perception is no longer necessary.
> Knowledge doesn't need perception.
>

> > Isn't "forgiveness/healing" illusions a/the perfect
> > way to preserve/continue illusions/dreaming indefi-
> > nitely? As long as one desires (good/happy) percep-
> > tions/dreaming, one will have that, the unreal, and
> > more to the point, the unreal will have/keep you in
> > its grip, will continue to enslave you. Why not just
> > stop imagining -- by trying to not treat (reacting
> > *within* oneself) to the unreal as if it were real?
> > --expires-

really thankful that this is the first post I read today. thanks,
Pieter.

-.-.-. - You're welcome!