Textile / RedCloth to PDF converter?

Joerg Battermann

8/31/2006 10:42:00 AM

Hey there,

I am currently looking for a good / stable way to create .pdf-files out
of a textile formated text. Does anyone know whether someone already
wrote a textile => e.g. PDF::Writer library? Or is there any other
reliable way that allows me to create a pdf-file including the
formating of the original formatted text?

Cheers & thanks,
-Joerg

2 Answers

John Johnson

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 06:45:35 -0400, Joerg Battermann =

<joerg.battermann@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> I am currently looking for a good / stable way to create .pdf-files ou=
> of a textile formated text. Does anyone know whether someone already
> wrote a textile =3D> e.g. PDF::Writer library? Or is there any other
> reliable way that allows me to create a pdf-file including the
> formating of the original formatted text?

I have this in a file called textile2pdf. Not sure where it came from:

pdf=3D`basename $1 .txt`.pdf

redcloth $1 | sed -e "s/&#8217;/\&#39;/" | htmldoc --cont --format pdf14 - >`basename $1 .txt`.pdf

htmldoc is availble here:

http://www.easysw.com/pr...

Regards,
JJ

-- =

Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera...

Joerg Battermann

John,

thanks! I was looking for a somewhat more 'integrated' way, but it
seems this isn't something that has been created yet.

thanks and all the best,
-joerg