is webunit still being maintained?

Phlip

8/30/2006 5:30:00 PM

Rubies:

I have an interest in WebUnit, but I notice its last code drop is a few
years old. Then I notice that using it on Linux causes some irritations. I
can report them if asked, but in general I'm interested to hear if WebUnit
is still being maintained.

To compare the question to other web test tools, WebUnit is not Watir just
as HttpUnit is not Samie. Watir drives Internet Explorer by its Automation
model. WebUnit, like HttpUnit, simply works HTTP and simulates a browser. It
makes the server think it's being browsed, while WebUnit bypasses the
expense of Automation and delivers raw data to your test cases. So an
advanced web project should use both kinds of testing (and more) in a rich
client-side experience. Such as >cough< AJAX.

--
Phlip
http://c2.com/cgi/wik... <-- NOT a blog!!!

1 Answer

Carrie

azcamper wrote:
> On Sep 8, 3:48 pm, "Carrie" <starchild1...@charter.net> wrote:
>> Georgie wrote:

>>> Feelings are thoughts. They are processed in a different manner in
>>> the right side of the brain, while explicit word thoughts are
>>> processed in the left side of the brain. . No one type of thought
>>> is better than another. But all types can be used by HS for the
>>> purpose of extending love.
>>
>>> Our thoughts are like poetry when they help us to get a different
>>> type of experience. Being in the Oneness is a totally different
>>> type of awareness. Being in a state of loving communication with
>>> another at a higher level is an intensely different type of
>>> experience also.
>>
>>> I agree with you. The experience is necessary and inevitable. But it
>>> is preceded by thought which opens us up to the experience--whatever
>>> it takes, HS will accomplish through us.
>>
>>> --Georgie
>>
>> Thought involves figuring things out.
>> Feeling is more of an experience.
>> Instead of the need to "figure it out" and think about it, and come
>> to conclusions, like Love is all that is Real (which also involves
>> fogriveness and letting grievances go) just remembering and FEELING
>> this (Love, and all that goes with it) seems simplier and more
>> direct. Love (the feeling) aligns one with Holy Spirit, in a simple
>> and direct way.
>> Of course, whatever you feel need or and is best for you.- Hide
>> quoted text -

> Hi Carrie. For me, it was the experience of really feeling that
> oneness and that all encompassing and connecting love that really
> opened my eyes. However, your last sentence is worth generalizing.
> Everything in anyone's life can and is used by the Holy Spirit to lead
> to awareness. No particular thing that we experience in the world, be
> it labeled "logical" thought or "feeling" thought, is special.
> Different things work for different people. That being said, it is the
> experience that convinces.
>
> But, what is experience? Feelings are just biochemical reactions. They
> really are conditioned on our history of responses that come from our
> incomplete analysis using left brained thoughts, starting pre-birth.
>
> Have you read any of Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor's work? She is the brain
> scientist (very left brain oriented!) who had a major stroke in the
> left hemisphere. She "experienced" the stroke using her right brain.
> Subsequent to recovery, she has pushed for a more balanced approach in
> how we use our brains and how we understand our earthly experience. My
> question about her experience and current teaching is "Who/what is the
> 'who' that is experiencing even events experienced by the "feeling"
> right brain?"

I've seen her on TV. I think she wrote a book about having a stroke, or
wrote about her experiences with it.
I don't get too into things that involve the physical body/form and what
seems to be happening to them.
I'm more a believer in all is energy- mind.
Like maybe in her case she studied the brain (the form) and focuses on
it, and attracted to herself the stroke, which she found so fascinating.