[ANN] Ruby Reports 0.5.0

Gregory Brown

8/28/2006 8:18:00 PM

= Ruport 0.5.0 Release, the "One Year Anniversery" edition =

== What is Ruport? ==

Ruby Reports is a software library that aims to make the task of
reporting less tedious and painful. It provides tools for data
acquisition, database interaction, formatting, and parsing/munging.

Ruby Reports provides solid support for processing and formatting all
sorts tabular data. It also includes tools to help with more
specialized things such as graphing and invoice generation. It is
highly extensible, so making it fit your particular needs should be
easy.

== Project News ==

* One year ago today, Ruport 0.1.0 was released. We've come a long way since
then, and I'm delighted to see this project still very alive after
a full year.

* James Healy, winner of RuportDay 2006 and major contributor to Ruport has
become the 4th developer to join the Ruport team. jh is behind the
invoice and
graphing systems, which are some of the coolest features in Ruport.

* Ruport now has a stable branch in SVN. Rather than the previous arbitrary
release numbers, you can now count on a consistent API across 0.5.x, 0.6.x,
etc. There will be maintainence, bug fix, and documentation releases,
however. The SVN trunk remains the bleeding edge of development, which
we will no longer build releases from.

* People have been downloading like crazy! Of course, this is nothing but a bit
of egotistical stats, but we beat our top month, week, and day downloads
since the last release.

* Due to spam, the Ruport wiki now requires an infogami/reddit login. As
long as you are logged in, you should be able to freely edit the wiki.

== What's New in this Release? ==

This is the first release from Ruport's stable branch. We've removed
all obsolete documentation and added several additional tests. Most
of the changes in this release were stability related, but we do have
one major feature change: Scruffy support for SVG graphs.

Scruffy generates beautiful graphs, and is actively being developed.
Having this in Ruport will be very handy, especially as it grows. See
example/line_graph.rb for a simple usage of Scruffy in Ruport.

We've updated the documentation, including the work-in-progress Ruport
Recipe book to start covering some of the new features from the SoC.
Documentation will soon become a number one priority for Ruport,
especially now that the API will probably not change every day. Right
now, docs are still sparse, so do report the areas which you need help
with most, so we can focus on them first.

<boring>
On the stability side, we've come up with a way to tie helper methods
for plugins to specific format engines or groups of format engines.
This is helpful, because it allows you to use the same name for your
helpers across multiple different engines with multiple
implementations. This will hopefully allow many plugin additions to
coexist peacefully.

For details, there is a post on the Ruport blog with examples:
http://rubyu...
</boring>

Because we are now actively trying to focus on Ruport's stability and
quality instead of just rushing to get a working system together, we
really would love to hear about any bugs you find or feature requests
you may have. See the =Resources= section below for how to contact
us.

== Installation ==

Ruport and its dependencies can easily be installed via rubygems:

gem install ruport

If you have trouble or want to try installing manually, see our install guide:

http://ruport.in.../In...

== Resources ==

You can find more-or-less all of the information we have available via:
http://ruport.in...

We *love* when people use IRC(#ruport) or the Ruport mailing list to contact
us though. ;)

== Acknowledgements ==

One year ago, I was working on this thing alone. Now I've got
James,Dinko,and Dudley keeping me company. And we've also got some
great contributors out there who keep fresh code, ideas, and problems
rolling in. To anyone who's helped out over the past year, thank you!

Also, thanks to Google and RubyCentral for the Summer of Code, without
which, I doubt Ruport would have gained so much this summer.

9 Answers

Fred J. McCall

"B. Cramer" <bensalways@beltinghebes.com> wrote:
:
:
:I'd love to forget about jews. Unfortunately it's jews who own most of the
:international media.
:
:They will not permit us to forget jews.
:

Rupert Murdock is Jewish? Who knew?

As usual with Mr Cramer's ilk, reality just doesn't intrude into their
delusions at all.

--
"This philosophy of hate, of religious and racial intolerance,
with its passionate urge toward war, is loose in the world.

Fred J. McCall

"B. Cramer" <bensalways@beltinghebes.com> wrote:

:
:"Fred J. McCall" <fjmccall@gmail.com> wrote in message
:news:qngpn41o0eluna49i7hgj6atfrb2j4umgj@4ax.com...
:> "Adam Whyte-Settlar" <ador@ble> wrote:
:> :
:> :Who gives a **** about Jews? Lets just forget about the Jews for just a
:> :minute can we. What the hell has religion got to do with the war crimes
:> in
:> :Gaza FFS.
:> :
:>
:> Well, if the Palestinians didn't hate the Jews so much perhaps the
:> Palestinians would stop committing war crimes.
:
:If the jews hadn't swiped Palestine there'd be no problem, would there?
:

And if the Arabs hadn't swiped Palestine before that there'd be no
problem, either, would there?

The Jews didn't 'swipe' anything, you misbegotten offspring of Gypsy
dogs.

--
"This philosophy of hate, of religious and racial intolerance,
with its passionate urge toward war, is loose in the world.
It is the enemy of democracy; it is the enemy of all the
fruitful and spiritual sides of life. It is our responsibility,
as individuals and organizations, to resist this."
-- Mary Heaton Vorse

B. Cramer

> "B. Cramer" <bensalways@beltinghebes.com> wrote:
>
> :
> :"Fred J. McCall" <fjmccall@gmail.com> wrote in message
> :news:qngpn41o0eluna49i7hgj6atfrb2j4umgj@4ax.com...
> :> "Adam Whyte-Settlar" <ador@ble> wrote:
> :> :
> :> :Who gives a **** about Jews? Lets just forget about the Jews for just
> :> :minute can we. What the hell has religion got to do with the war
> crimes
> :> in
> :> :Gaza FFS.
> :> :
> :>
> :> Well, if the Palestinians didn't hate the Jews so much perhaps the
> :> Palestinians would stop committing war crimes.
> :
> :If the jews hadn't swiped Palestine there'd be no problem, would there?
> :
>
> And if the Arabs hadn't swiped Palestine before that there'd be no
> problem, either, would there?

Oh, you fucking idiot. You complete and utter loon.

> The Jews didn't 'swipe' anything, you misbegotten offspring of Gypsy
> dogs.

Yes they did, you clown. The European zionazis swiped Palestine. The world
knows that to be the case. It's only a few yids and their arselickers who
refuse to accept that truth.

> --
> "This philosophy of hate, of religious and racial intolerance,
> with its passionate urge toward war, is loose in the world.
> It is the enemy of democracy; it is the enemy of all the
> fruitful and spiritual sides of life. It is our responsibility,
> as individuals and organizations, to resist this."
> -- Mary Heaton Vorse

Fred J. McCall

"B. Cramer" <bensalways@beltinghebes.com> wrote:

:
:"Fred J. McCall" <fjmccall@gmail.com> wrote in message
:news:3gbqn49gmrh1g086uhpp38j4b02h7u3ov0@4ax.com...
:> "B. Cramer" <bensalways@beltinghebes.com> wrote:
:>
:> :
:> :"Fred J. McCall" <fjmccall@gmail.com> wrote in message
:> :news:qngpn41o0eluna49i7hgj6atfrb2j4umgj@4ax.com...
:> :> "Adam Whyte-Settlar" <ador@ble> wrote:
:> :> :
:> :> :Who gives a **** about Jews? Lets just forget about the Jews for just
:> a
:> :> :minute can we. What the hell has religion got to do with the war
:> crimes
:> :> in
:> :> :Gaza FFS.
:> :> :
:> :>
:> :> Well, if the Palestinians didn't hate the Jews so much perhaps the
:> :> Palestinians would stop committing war crimes.
:> :
:> :If the jews hadn't swiped Palestine there'd be no problem, would there?
:> :
:>
:> And if the Arabs hadn't swiped Palestine before that there'd be no
:> problem, either, would there?
:
:Oh, you fucking idiot. You complete and utter loon.
:

Well, there's a cogent and well-reasoned reply. Precisely what one
would expect from someone of Mr Cramer's caliber.

:>
:> The Jews didn't 'swipe' anything, you misbegotten offspring of Gypsy
:> dogs.
:>
:
:Yes they did, you clown. The European zionazis swiped Palestine. The world
:knows that to be the case. It's only a few yids and their arselickers who
:refuse to accept that truth.
:

Reality just doesn't intrude for things like you, does it?

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine

B. Cramer

> "B. Cramer" <bensalways@beltinghebes.com> wrote:
>
> :
> :"Fred J. McCall" <fjmccall@gmail.com> wrote in message
> :news:3gbqn49gmrh1g086uhpp38j4b02h7u3ov0@4ax.com...
> :> "B. Cramer" <bensalways@beltinghebes.com> wrote:
> :>
> :> :
> :> :"Fred J. McCall" <fjmccall@gmail.com> wrote in message
> :> :news:qngpn41o0eluna49i7hgj6atfrb2j4umgj@4ax.com...
> :> :> "Adam Whyte-Settlar" <ador@ble> wrote:
> :> :> :
> :> :> :Who gives a **** about Jews? Lets just forget about the Jews for
> just
> :> a
> :> :> :minute can we. What the hell has religion got to do with the war
> :> crimes
> :> :> in
> :> :> :Gaza FFS.
> :> :> :
> :> :>
> :> :> Well, if the Palestinians didn't hate the Jews so much perhaps the
> :> :> Palestinians would stop committing war crimes.
> :> :
> :> :If the jews hadn't swiped Palestine there'd be no problem, would
> there?
> :> :
> :>
> :> And if the Arabs hadn't swiped Palestine before that there'd be no
> :> problem, either, would there?
> :
> :Oh, you fucking idiot. You complete and utter loon.
> :
>
> Well, there's a cogent and well-reasoned reply.

It is a perfectly appropriate response to a fucking idiot and uter loon,
mccall.

Fred J. McCall

"B. Cramer" <bensalways@beltinghebes.com> wrote:

:
:"Fred J. McCall" <fjmccall@gmail.com> wrote in message
:news:naeqn4pcta3p7gq76g16jndrtejd8bnn84@4ax.com...
:> "B. Cramer" <bensalways@beltinghebes.com> wrote:
:>
:> :
:> :"Fred J. McCall" <fjmccall@gmail.com> wrote in message
:> :news:3gbqn49gmrh1g086uhpp38j4b02h7u3ov0@4ax.com...
:> :> "B. Cramer" <bensalways@beltinghebes.com> wrote:
:> :>
:> :> :
:> :> :"Fred J. McCall" <fjmccall@gmail.com> wrote in message
:> :> :news:qngpn41o0eluna49i7hgj6atfrb2j4umgj@4ax.com...
:> :> :> "Adam Whyte-Settlar" <ador@ble> wrote:
:> :> :> :
:> :> :> :Who gives a **** about Jews? Lets just forget about the Jews for
:> just
:> :> a
:> :> :> :minute can we. What the hell has religion got to do with the war
:> :> crimes
:> :> :> in
:> :> :> :Gaza FFS.
:> :> :> :
:> :> :>
:> :> :> Well, if the Palestinians didn't hate the Jews so much perhaps the
:> :> :> Palestinians would stop committing war crimes.
:> :> :
:> :> :If the jews hadn't swiped Palestine there'd be no problem, would
:> there?
:> :> :
:> :>
:> :> And if the Arabs hadn't swiped Palestine before that there'd be no
:> :> problem, either, would there?
:> :
:> :Oh, you fucking idiot. You complete and utter loon.
:> :
:>
:> Well, there's a cogent and well-reasoned reply.
:
:It is a perfectly appropriate response to a fucking idiot and uter loon,
:mccall.
:

Then feel free to continue to talk to yourself, you sad little git.

I'd pity you because this is seemingly the only way you convince
yourself that you're better than someone, but you're so despicable I
just can't bring myself to care.

--
"The supreme satisfaction is to be able to despise one?s
neighbour and this fact goes far to account for religious

B. Cramer

> "B. Cramer" <bensalways@beltinghebes.com> wrote:
>
> :
> :"Fred J. McCall" <fjmccall@gmail.com> wrote in message
> :news:naeqn4pcta3p7gq76g16jndrtejd8bnn84@4ax.com...
> :> "B. Cramer" <bensalways@beltinghebes.com> wrote:
> :>
> :> :
> :> :"Fred J. McCall" <fjmccall@gmail.com> wrote in message
> :> :news:3gbqn49gmrh1g086uhpp38j4b02h7u3ov0@4ax.com...
> :> :> "B. Cramer" <bensalways@beltinghebes.com> wrote:
> :> :>
> :> :> :
> :> :> :"Fred J. McCall" <fjmccall@gmail.com> wrote in message
> :> :> :news:qngpn41o0eluna49i7hgj6atfrb2j4umgj@4ax.com...
> :> :> :> "Adam Whyte-Settlar" <ador@ble> wrote:
> :> :> :> :
> :> :> :> :Who gives a **** about Jews? Lets just forget about the Jews for
> :> just
> :> :> a
> :> :> :> :minute can we. What the hell has religion got to do with the war
> :> :> crimes
> :> :> :> in
> :> :> :> :Gaza FFS.
> :> :> :> :
> :> :> :>
> :> :> :> Well, if the Palestinians didn't hate the Jews so much perhaps
> the
> :> :> :> Palestinians would stop committing war crimes.
> :> :> :
> :> :> :If the jews hadn't swiped Palestine there'd be no problem, would
> :> there?
> :> :> :
> :> :>
> :> :> And if the Arabs hadn't swiped Palestine before that there'd be no
> :> :> problem, either, would there?
> :> :
> :> :Oh, you fucking idiot. You complete and utter loon.
> :> :
> :>
> :> Well, there's a cogent and well-reasoned reply.
> :
> :It is a perfectly appropriate response to a fucking idiot and uter loon,
> :mccall.
> :
>
> Then feel free to continue to talk to yourself, you sad little git.

Oh dear. Once again mccall proves he is entirely uneducated and has no
reading skills whatsoever.

conwaycaine

"Adam Whyte-Settlar" <ador@ble> wrote in message
> "conwaycaine" <conwaycaine@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> "Ben Cramer" <ben'salways@around.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Are you a jew, jeff?
>>> You act as if you're a jew, jeff.
>>
>> We are everywhere, Herr Kramer.
>> You see, G*D told us to be fruitful and multiply and we've been hard at
>> it ever since.
>> I wouldn't be in the least surprised if there was a Jew or two in your
>> family tree.
>
> Let stick to the original topic. Please.

My Gawd!
Even Adam, ever the champion of free speech, has morphed into a Net Nanny.

staten

On Jan 25, 11:14 pm, "B. Cramer" <bensalw...@beltinghebes.com> wrote:

> Yes they did, you clown. The European zionazis swiped Palestine. The world
> knows that to be the case.

Are you assuming that the entire world is made up of clones of
Cramers- the goofballs? Reckless and stupid. Had it been the case ,
the entire humanity still would live in trees competing with monkeys
for bananas.