Re: Ruby Cookbook vs Programming Ruby

Dark Ambient

8/27/2006 11:21:00 AM

Your not comparing apples to apples here. Both serve seperate
functions. Depends where you are at with the Ruby language.
Programming Ruby 1st Edition is online and available for reading.
Edition 2 though is a great revision with plenty of additional and new
material. Ruby Cookbook blows me away in a good way. The recipes in
there are incredible for a number of reasons. The range and number of
recipes in the Cookbook are exceptional. Personally I couldn't choose
between either but if you want to come up to speed with Ruby then
Programming Ruby is the one too get. It's a must have for learning
and reference. Once you've gained some ground defintely go for the
Cookbook as well. Put it on your wishlist or sell your grandmother.

Stuart