Re: Ruby syslog extension not working

Berger, Daniel

8/25/2006 6:56:00 PM

<snip>

There is no syslog on Windows. There is the EventLog, for which you can
use win32-eventlog. However, it is not really designed for the general
purpose logging that syslog is. It's more or less intended to log
critical events for specific applications.

For general logging I always use Logger, part of the stdlib.

Regards,

Dan

prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication