Re: ActiveRecord through Drb: problem with ids

Gary Wright

8/25/2006 2:40:00 PM

On Aug 25, 2006, at 9:56 AM, Philippe Lang wrote:
> Warning disappeared, but Ids are still wrong.
>
> Does anyone understand what happens here?

This is a total guess but it seems like DRB is not proxying
the call to 'id' across the net to the remote object. Instead
you seem to be getting the object_id
of the local proxy object instead of the Active Record version
of 'id' from the real object at the server.

Warning, I don't have any special knowledge of DRB or AR internals,
this was just the first thing that came to mind when I saw your post.

Gary Wright