PDF::Writer#x

Dan Fitzpatrick

8/24/2006 5:41:00 PM

Is there a way to get the current x position like you can get the
current y position in PDF::Writer?

pdf = PDF::Writer.new
pdf.y
=> 756.0
pdf.x
NoMethodError: undefined method `x' for #<PDF::Writer:0x8433f78>

Thanks,

Dan

5 Answers

Austin Ziegler

On 8/24/06, Dan Fitzpatrick <dan@eparklabs.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to get the current x position like you can get the
> current y position in PDF::Writer?
>
> pdf = PDF::Writer.new
> pdf.y
> => 756.0
> pdf.x
> NoMethodError: undefined method `x' for #<PDF::Writer:0x8433f78>

No.

PDF::Writer does not keep the current x position.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com * http://www.halo...
* austin@halostatue.ca * http://www.halo...feed/

Kyrre Nygård

Hello!

Will this thing eventually replace LaTeX?

Are there any examples of well designed documents / posters / books
made using PDF::Writer?

Thanks,
Kyrre

Farrel Lifson

On 25/08/06, Kyrre Nygård <kyrreny@broadpark.no> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Will this thing eventually replace LaTeX?
>
> Are there any examples of well designed documents / posters / books
> made using PDF::Writer?
>
> Thanks,
> Kyrre

I do believe the 95 page PDF::Writer manual available on it's homepage
is generated using PDF::Writer.

Farrel

Austin Ziegler

On 8/25/06, Kyrre Nygård <kyrreny@broadpark.no> wrote:
> Will this thing eventually replace LaTeX?

No. I hope to make it far more usable than it is (and it's pretty
darned usable now) but I am not planning on replacing TeX or LaTeX.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com * http://www.halo...
* austin@halostatue.ca * http://www.halo...feed/
* austin@zieglers.ca

Hal E. Fulton

Kyrre Nygård wrote:

> Will this thing eventually replace LaTeX?

That would be cool, wouldn't it? Not that I know LaTeX...

> Are there any examples of well designed documents / posters / books made
> using PDF::Writer?

I don't know how much it's been used. I suppose Austin
knows. Austin??

Last I heard, there were some bugs and limitations in it,
but it was still quite usable.

Hal