Forum software in Ruby, besides RForum?

Rick DeNatale

8/23/2006 6:04:00 PM

This might be a rails question, but then again maybe theres something
which isn't a rails app.

I've been asked to do a proposal on a web site which incorporates a
user forum, and file uploads/downloads.

I looked around for a ruby alternative to phpBB and it's spawn, and
all I've seen so far is RForum. The biggest problem with RForum is
that it doesn't seem to support threaded presentation of
converstations (based solely, I admit on looking at sites using it).

Are there other alternatives written in Ruby?

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denh...

2 Answers

Andre Nathan

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 03:03 +0900, Rick DeNatale wrote:
> Are there other alternatives written in Ruby?

I found Beast (http://beast...) last week, and it looks
promising.

Andre

Scott

You could write your own using acts_as_threaded:

http://www.railtie.net/articles/2006/02/05/rails-acts_as_threa...

In fact, I think the demo does just that ;)

-Scott