Compiled Ruby/LDAP for Windows 2000/XP ?

Nicolas Blanco

8/22/2006 12:35:00 PM

Hi !

Where can I find a precompiled version of Ruby/LDAP for Windows 2000/XP
?? I would like to connect to an AD with Ruby at work but I can't...

Thank you very much...
Nicolas.

Nicolas Blanco

ok, i've just found it here :
http://toolbox.boudry.org/articles/2006/05/09/building-ruby-ldap...

Nicolas Blanco wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Where can I find a precompiled version of Ruby/LDAP for Windows 2000/XP
> ?? I would like to connect to an AD with Ruby at work but I can't...
>
> Thank you very much...
> Nicolas.

Francis Cianfrocca

As an alternative, try Net::LDAP, which doesn't require a compiler.

On 8/22/06, Nicolas Blanco <slainer68@gmail.com> wrote:
> ok, i've just found it here :
> http://toolbox.boudry.org/articles/2006/05/09/building-ruby-ldap...
>
> Nicolas Blanco wrote:
> > Hi !
> >
> > Where can I find a precompiled version of Ruby/LDAP for Windows 2000/XP
> > ?? I would like to connect to an AD with Ruby at work but I can't...
> >
> > Thank you very much...
> > Nicolas.

Nicolas Blanco

Francis Cianfrocca wrote:
> As an alternative, try Net::LDAP, which doesn't require a compiler.

Yes, I've found your library just a couple of minutes after and I have
to say that it's incredible! Easy to install and to use, it fully suits
my needs!

Thank you very much!

Francis Cianfrocca

Thanks for giving it a try. Let me know if you have feature requests.
I've been noticing lately that Microsoft has defined a fair number of
LDAP controls, and I was thinking about supporting some of them, so
anyone out there who does a lot of stuff with A/D, let me know if
there are things you'd like Net::LDAP to do.