RubyMate (TextMate) issue

Heath Fashina

8/21/2006 4:19:00 PM

When ever I try to run a Ruby script that uses:

gets.chomp

RubyMate gives me the error:

NoMethodError: private method â??chompâ?? called for ["test"]:Array

I can run this script when I go directly from the command line. It
justs seems that RubyMate has trouble accepting input.

James Gray

On Aug 21, 2006, at 11:19 AM, He Fa wrote:

> When ever I try to run a Ruby script that uses:
>
> gets.chomp
>
> RubyMate gives me the error:
>
> NoMethodError: private method ‘chomp’ called for ["test"]:Array
>
> I can run this script when I go directly from the command line. It
> justs seems that RubyMate has trouble accepting input.

This was a bug in the dialog.rb support library used by RubyMate in
an older version of the command. It's definitely fixed now, but I'm
not sure which versions of TextMate were affected.

If you are not using the latest version, try an upgrade first. If
that doesn't work, you can checkout the current bundles from
Subversion to fix this:

http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/bundles#getting_mo...

James Edward Gray II

Heath Fashina

Thanks, they must have removed the latest version. I had 1.5.3 and now
it's down to 1.5.2