Advice for Net::HTTP class

Bojan Mihelac

8/21/2006 4:13:00 PM

Hello,
I am loosing myself with Net:HTTP class, following
HowToRenderProxiedPages article I cannot make post method to proxy
parameters to web page.

require 'net/http'
### p.php <?php print_r($_POST)?>

### 1. does not work
response = Net::HTTP.start('localhost', 80) { |http|
http.post('/p.php', 'query=ruby')
}
puts response

### 2. works
response = Net::HTTP.post_form(URI.parse('http://localhost/p.php'), {
"query" => "ruby"})
puts response

Can anyone please explain me why the first one doesn't work? (I am using
Ruby 1.8.4, tested both linux and win)

thanx,
Bojan Mihelac

--
Bojan Mihelac
Informatika Mihelac, Bojan Mihelac s.p. | www.informatikamihelac.com

1 Answer

Bojan Mihelac

Bojan Mihelac wrote:
> Hello,
> I am loosing myself with Net:HTTP class, following
> HowToRenderProxiedPages article I cannot make post method to proxy
> parameters to web page.
>

> require 'net/http'
> ### p.php <?php print_r($_POST)?>
>
> ### 1. does not work
> response = Net::HTTP.start('localhost', 80) { |http|
> http.post('/p.php', 'query=ruby')
> }
> puts response
>
> ### 2. works
> response = Net::HTTP.post_form(URI.parse('http://localhost/p.php'), {
> "query" => "ruby"})
> puts response
>

> Can anyone please explain me why the first one doesn't work? (I am using
> Ruby 1.8.4, tested both linux and win)
>
> thanx,
> Bojan Mihelac

thnx Mike L. for solution:

headers['content-type'] = 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded' if method
=='POST'
http.post('/p.php', 'query=123ruby', headers)