Fwd: Please Forward: Ruby Quiz Submission

James Gray

DVH

"abelard" <abelard3@abelard.org> wrote in message
> On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 15:01:23 +0100, "DVH" <dvh@vhvhvhvh.com> wrote:
>

>>"abelard" <abelard3@abelard.org> wrote in message
>
>>> I join as a cosponsor of the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory
>>> Reform Act of 2005, S. 190, to underscore my support for quick passage
>>> of GSE regulatory reform legislation. If Congress does not act,
>>> American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk
>>> that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the
>>> overall financial system, and the economy as a whole.
>>>
>>> I urge my colleagues to support swift action on this GSE reform
>>> legislation.
>>
>>Ouch.
>>
>>And double ouch:
>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_...
>
> indeed......the democrats are lying their heads off trying to escape
> responsibility for their actions...
> ably assisted by the leftist fossil media....
>
> this chaos has the democrat fingerprints all over it....
>
> the republicans and bush have been trying to head off the problem
> for years...

But two questions still need answering...

Would the proposed reforms have solved the problems of Fannie and Freddie?

Are the problems of Fannie and Freddie the cause of the credit constipation?

If yes, then OK. If no...

abelard

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 17:30:27 +0100, "DVH" <dvh@vhvhvhvh.com> wrote:

>"abelard" <abelard3@abelard.org> wrote in message

>>>Ouch.
>>>
>>>And double ouch:
>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_...
>>
>> indeed......the democrats are lying their heads off trying to escape
>> responsibility for their actions...
>> ably assisted by the leftist fossil media....
>>
>> this chaos has the democrat fingerprints all over it....
>>
>> the republicans and bush have been trying to head off the problem
>> for years...
>
>But two questions still need answering...
>
>Would the proposed reforms have solved the problems of Fannie and Freddie?

depends on how far they would have gone..that's just a hypothetical..

f&f are out of control.....it's a crazy mess....
they've gotten far too big for their boots and have become riddled
with corruption....

the government/private mix simply doesn't work.....
*but* much of why it doesn't work is because it has become a corrupt
democrat sewer....

>Are the problems of Fannie and Freddie the cause of the credit constipation?

imv it is overwhelmingly the prime cause and problem....

>If yes, then OK. If no...

regards.

--
web site at www.abelard.org - news comment service, logic, economics
energy, education, politics, etc 1,552,396 document calls in year past