is there a ruby cluster analysis tool?

Daniel Higginbotham

8/20/2006 6:37:00 PM

Hi folks,

Is there a ruby tool to perform cluster analyses and output the results in a
dendrogram?

Thanks
Daniel

1 Answer

Tom Dierickx

What abut using R? (http://www.r-p...)

It can do this. I believe something like plot(hclust(dist(YourDataFrame))) would create a dendrogram.You could change the "device" to output any plots to an image file.

Moreover, you could call R from Ruby. If you're on windows, look here. If you're on *nix, look here for info on RSRuby project. Note: I'm on Windows, so can't speak to Linux project. Actually, I haven't even really look at the Windows one too much either, but know it's there.