[ANN] DateBocks v2.0.0 Released

Nathaniel S. H. Brown

8/18/2006 9:05:00 AM

Excert from http://www.nshb.net/datebocks-2-0-...

Woohoo!! Finally released the next generation of DateBocks (aka
DateBox) v2.0.0.

This was a long time coming, after its initial version release allll
the way back in January, this is a nice edition to the popular tool I
released before.

This version is chalked full of features. Here is the cut out from the
CHANGELOG

== 2.0.0 - AUGUST 16, 2006

- Changed name from DateBox to DateBocks
- Added dependency for Prototype
- First major release after much feedback
- Renamed main method to datebocks_field
- Removed datebocks_flat
- Added new features
- Close help popup window clicking on any part of the popup
- German format dd.mm.yyyy
- Be able to have more than one DateBocks on a page
- Added Next or Last Week, Month, and Year (ex. Next Month or Last Year)
- (monday|tuesday|wednesday|thursday|friday|saturday|sunday) -
Defaults to next defined week day
- Added support for mm-dd-yyyy
- Added now for date
- Now able to use model, method to instantiate a datebox_field
[Michael Modica ]
- Always display with 2 characters in length for month and day
- Bug fixes
- 1st of Jan[uary]
- Errors now highlight elements properly
- Major bug with the enter key to update the date and not post
the entire form
- Fixed bug for special days where it
- Fixed bug for using datebox_field in a partial [Reginald Braithwaite ]

So with that said, do please check it out.

Oh, and I decided to spiff up the site a bit, and design my a fancy
new layout. It is inspired from a newsletter I got. Brownie points to
whoever guesses it :)

Demo away....

http://datebocks....

--
Kind regards,

Nathaniel Brown

Inimit Innovations Inc.
http://...

16 Answers

Dark Ambient

is it correct to install you script/plugin install engines
script/plugin install datebocs
?

On 8/18/06, Robert Dober <robert.dober@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is a beauty :)

William Crawford

Robert Dober wrote:
> It is a beauty :)

I agree!

Nathaniel,

The company I work for has decided not to move to RoR (sigh) but this is
by far the best javascript calendar I've seen yet.

I see you have plans to eventually port it to other frameworks, but what
about just plain HTML? I'd like to be able to just slap it on a text
field and have it work. (With a little html, of course.)

Great work!

James Britt

Nathaniel Brown wrote:
> Excert from http://www.nshb.net/datebocks-2-0-...
>
> Woohoo!! Finally released the next generation of DateBocks (aka
> DateBox) v2.0.0.
>
> This was a long time coming, after its initial version release allll
> the way back in January, this is a nice edition to the popular tool I
> released before.
>
> This version is chalked full of features. Here is the cut out from the
> CHANGELOG

Suggestion: Include a description of the software in the release
announcement. None of these change log items give me much of a clue
as to what DateBocks actually does or why I would bother following the
link you provided.

A shorter E-mail that described the software in one or two sentences,
with a link to the change log, might be better.

--
James Britt

"Simplicity of the language is not what matters, but
simplicity of use."

Ara.T.Howard

William Crawford

unknown wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Nathaniel Brown wrote:
>
>> Excert from http://www.nshb.net/datebocks-2-0-...
>>
>> Woohoo!! Finally released the next generation of DateBocks (aka
>> DateBox) v2.0.0.
>>

> i'm checking out
>
> http://datebocks.i...
>
> using firefox on linux, but no joy. i assume the little calender widget
> is
> supposed to open a larger calender pop up? am i the only one noticing
> this?
>
> regards.
>
> -a

Firefox 1.5 on Kubuntu here. Clicking on the little calendar icon, or
typing things and hitting enter, either works great for me. Have you
got any adblocks or javascript stoppers?

Gregor Kopp

>>using firefox on linux, but no joy. i assume the little calender widget
>>is
>>supposed to open a larger calender pop up? am i the only one noticing
>>this?

Here Firefox 1.5 on Win 2k (whitelistet this page in adblock, javascript
and so on activated) also no joy. IE6 on same machine loves it and it
looks great.

Regards, Gregor

Ara.T.Howard

Bill

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:50:10 -0400, Gregor Kopp <gk@cutcopy.com> wrote:

>>> using firefox on linux, but no joy. i assume the little calender
>>> widget is
>>> supposed to open a larger calender pop up? am i the only one noticing
>>> this?
>
> Here Firefox 1.5 on Win 2k (whitelistet this page in adblock, javascript
> and so on activated) also no joy. IE6 on same machine loves it and it
> looks great.
>
> Regards, Gregor

No joy on XP with Opera either.

Nathaniel S. H. Brown

Almost..

install the "engines plugin" then install "datebocks_engine".

-NSHB

--
Kind regards,

Nathaniel Brown

Inimit Innovations Inc.
http://...

Nathaniel S. H. Brown

Thanks for all the great feedback, other than the strange bugs going
around in various browsers/os's.

I will see what I can find. If you have a sec please do try hacking
away and let me know what you come up with. I only have so many
workstations setup, and haven't yet got Parrallells configured for all
the OS's everyone mentioned it was buggy on.

-NSHB