fxri on OS X

lists

8/17/2006 12:10:00 AM

Anyone have any luck getting fxri to work on OS X? I've installed
ruby, rubygems, fox 1.2.13, and fxscintilla with darwinports. Then I
install fxruby 1.2.6 and fxri like this:

sudo gem install fxruby --force -- --with-fox-include=/opt/local/
include/fox-1.2

sudo gem install fxri

When I try to run fxri though (after changing #!/bin/env to #!/usr/
bin/env) I get this:

/opt/local/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- fox12 (LoadError)
from /opt/local/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems/
custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
from /opt/local/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:229:in
`activate'
from /opt/local/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:228:in
`activate'
from /opt/local/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:214:in
`activate'
from /opt/local/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:213:in
`activate'
from /opt/local/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:66:in
`active_gem_with_options'
from /opt/local/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:59:in
`require_gem'
from /opt/local/bin/fxri:17

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ryan

2 Answers

Bill Reich

On May 11, 12:47 pm, Will in New Haven <willreich...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On May 11, 12:40 pm, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"
>

> <seaw...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
> > Bill Swears wrote:

> > > Everybody knows this, but it isn't always true.  I have a few recipes
> > > where bringing in extra fat hides the food flavor.
>
> >         I have yet to see one. Do you have an example?
>
> >         Not in the sense of "if you pour a stick of melted butter over sushi",
> > where the action would seem unlikely to the point of extremity to ever
> > happen, but one in which the addition of butter/fat might be thought
> > reasonable and turns out to be.
>
> For most sushi, it isn't going to matter. If I'm not starving, I'm not
> going to eat it. Or, even better, I'm gonna cook it. In that case, a
> little melted butter over it might be fine..
>
> By the way, Your work precedes Jo Walton's on my bookshelves, under
> "Wasp," not "Spoor." I think of the latter as your pseudonym.
>
> --
> Will in New Haven

I meant "follows," not "precedes."

--
Will

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Will in New Haven wrote:
> On May 11, 12:40 pm, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"
> <seaw...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
>> Bill Swears wrote:
>>> Everybody knows this, but it isn't always true. I have a few recipes
>>> where bringing in extra fat hides the food flavor.
>> I have yet to see one. Do you have an example?
>>
>> Not in the sense of "if you pour a stick of melted butter over sushi",
>> where the action would seem unlikely to the point of extremity to ever
>> happen, but one in which the addition of butter/fat might be thought
>> reasonable and turns out to be.
>
> For most sushi, it isn't going to matter. If I'm not starving, I'm not
> going to eat it. Or, even better, I'm gonna cook it. In that case, a
> little melted butter over it might be fine..

There are deep-fried sushi rolls. Mmmm.

> By the way, Your work precedes Jo Walton's on my bookshelves, under
> "Wasp," not "Spoor." I think of the latter as your pseudonym.

Online, I think the same way. It STILL looks odd to see my birth name
online.

--
Sea Wasp
/^ ;;;