two newbie questions

dave rose

8/15/2006 2:15:00 PM

practical ruby here @ work means access to M$ACCESS97 and Hardcopy
reports with column headings etc...so.....
i've search with this forum with the Keyword: ACCESS and have searched
all of my Ruby PDF's
How does one access M$ACCESS thru DBI?.....
How does one print a report to the printer? RUPORT maybe?? but i don't
see any examples?

Jano Svitok

On 8/15/06, Dave Rose <bitdoger2@yahoo.com> wrote:
> practical ruby here @ work means access to M$ACCESS97 and Hardcopy
> reports with column headings etc...so.....
> i've search with this forum with the Keyword: ACCESS and have searched
> all of my Ruby PDF's
> How does one access M$ACCESS thru DBI?.....
> How does one print a report to the printer? RUPORT maybe?? but i don't
> see any examples?

1. from the page seems DBD::ADO or DBD::ODBC are appropriate. Try to
download and read the docs that are supposed to be there, even reading
sources is quite useful ;-) I've found that ruby sources tend to be
quite readable (except for code-golfing ;-)

2. try: http://ruby-pdf.rubyforge.org/p...

Disclaimer: I haven't tried anything from above ;-)

J.