Programming Ruby for $27...

Matt Todd

8/15/2006 5:16:00 AM

http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/books?id=3556134178641&isbn=...

Not to take away from folks buying from Amazon or direct from the
Pragmatic Programmers, but I think this is a pretty good price for
newcomers and those looking at getting it (but too poor, like college
students).

There are a number of other very good Ruby books for very decent
prices! For instance, the Ruby Cookbook:

http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/books?id=3556134178641&isbn=...

That's going for $30. Wow.

Hope this helps someone, and doesn't hurt others.

M.T.

5 Answers

Bil Kleb

Matt Todd wrote:
> http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/books?id=3556134178641&isbn=...
>
> Not to take away from folks buying from Amazon or direct from the
> Pragmatic Programmers, but I think this is a pretty good price for
> newcomers and those looking at getting it (but too poor, like college
> students).

AFAIK, you can only get the PDF format by
buying direct from Pragmatic Programmers, and
the /Programming Ruby/ PDF is only $25, viz,

http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/ti...

--
Bil
http://fun3d.lar...

Ben Bleything

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006, Bil Kleb wrote:
> AFAIK, you can only get the PDF format by
> buying direct from Pragmatic Programmers, and
> the /Programming Ruby/ PDF is only $25, viz,

Nope, you can get the paper books as well. I own 5 or 6 PragProg books
and with one exception they all came direct.

Ben

John Wilger

On 8/15/06, Ben Bleything <ben@bleything.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 15, 2006, Bil Kleb wrote:
> > AFAIK, you can only get the PDF format by
> > buying direct from Pragmatic Programmers, and
> > the /Programming Ruby/ PDF is only $25, viz,
>
> Nope, you can get the paper books as well. I own 5 or 6 PragProg books
> and with one exception they all came direct.

I'm pretty sure that Bil was trying to (correctly) say that you cannot
get the PDF other than direct from the Prag-Progs.

--
Regards,
John Wilger

-----------
Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland

Bil Kleb

John Wilger wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that Bil was trying to (correctly) say that you cannot
> get the PDF other than direct from the Prag-Progs.

Yep, and that it's cheaper than the paper version.

My apologies for the original, misleading reply.

Regards,
--
Bil
http://fun3d.lar...

Ben Bleything

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006, John Wilger wrote:
> >Nope, you can get the paper books as well. I own 5 or 6 PragProg books
> >and with one exception they all came direct.
>
> I'm pretty sure that Bil was trying to (correctly) say that you cannot
> get the PDF other than direct from the Prag-Progs.

Oh yeah, now that I'm awake that's how I read it too. Heh, oops.
Sorry, Bil.

Thanks John :)

Ben