gems timeout on the rubyforge repository

Ryan Grow

I have downloaded and compiled both ruby and gems. I am now trying to
install rails with the following command:

sudo gem install rails --include-dependencies

and after a long delay, I get this message:

ERROR: While executing gem ... (Errno::ETIMEDOUT)
Connection timed out - connect(2)

I have found references to various rubyforge mirrors, but I have been
unable to get these to work. How do you set up gems to use a mirror?

What mirrors work the best?

Could I have a bad configuration that is preventing me from connecting
to the rubyforge site with gem?

Thanks,
Ryan

Chris Gehlker

On Aug 13, 2006, at 12:55 PM, Ryan Grow wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded and compiled both ruby and gems. I am now trying to
> install rails with the following command:
>
> sudo gem install rails --include-dependencies
>
> and after a long delay, I get this message:
>
> ERROR: While executing gem ... (Errno::ETIMEDOUT)
> Connection timed out - connect(2)
>
> I have found references to various rubyforge mirrors, but I have been
> unable to get these to work. How do you set up gems to use a mirror?
>
> What mirrors work the best?
>
> Could I have a bad configuration that is preventing me from connecting
> to the rubyforge site with gem?

Try again now. I just tried it and it works for me.

--
Conscience is thoroughly well-bred and soon leaves off talking to
those who do not wish to hear it.

Ryan Grow

Chris Gehlker wrote:
> Try again now. I just tried it and it works for me.

Yes, I just tried it and it worked. Thanks.