[ANN] Zerenity 1.0

Farrel Lifson

8/12/2006 11:52:00 AM

= Zerenity Changelog
== 1.0
* Added significant unit testing and code coverage testing.
== 0.9
* Added a :password option to the Entry dialog. When set to true it will
treat the text entry like a password entry and replaces the characters
entered with a '*'.
== 0.8
* Initial release.

= Zerenity

== Version
1.0

== Author
Farrel Lifson http://www.l... http://www....

== Synopsis
Zerenity is an almost clone of
{Zenity}[http://freshmeat.net/proje...] for Ruby. It allows for
the easy creation of simple graphical dialogs from a Ruby script.

== Features
Zerenity allows for the creation of the following dialogs
* Date selection
* Text entry
* Error display
* File/directory selection
* Information display
* List display and selection
* Progress display
* Question display
* Text information display and editing
* Warning display

== Dependencies
Zerenity requires {GTK2}[http://w...] and
{Ruby/GTK2}[http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.j...].

== Installation
Zerenity is avaiable as a Ruby gem. Links to the latest release can be
found at http://www..../files/projects/zerenity.

The code is also available via it's Subversion repository at
http://zerenity.googlecod...

== Example Usage
=== User Input and Display
require 'rubygems'
require 'zerenity'

if (name = Zerenity::Entry(:text=>"What is your name?"))
Zerenity::Info(:text=>"Hello #{name}")
else
puts "No name entered"
end

=== Progress
require 'rubygems'
require 'zerenity'

fileList = filesToProcess(folder)
Zerenity::Progress(:text=>'Processing files',:autoClose=>true) do |progress|
fileList.each_index do |file,index|
processFile(file)
progress.update(index/fileList.length,"#{index/fileList.length}%
processed...")

== License
Zerenity is released under the BSD license.

== Copyright
(c) 2006 Farrel Lifson

4 Answers

Justin Collins

Farrel Lifson wrote:
> = Zerenity Changelog
> == 1.0
> * Added significant unit testing and code coverage testing.
> == 0.9
> * Added a :password option to the Entry dialog. When set to true it will
> treat the text entry like a password entry and replaces the characters
> entered with a '*'.
> == 0.8
> * Initial release.
>

> = Zerenity
>
> == Version
> 1.0
>
> == Author
> Farrel Lifson http://www.l... http://www....
>
> == Synopsis
> Zerenity is an almost clone of
> {Zenity}[http://freshmeat.net/proje...] for Ruby. It allows for
> the easy creation of simple graphical dialogs from a Ruby script.

Hi,

Is there any way to have <enter> be the same as pressing 'OK' (without
selecting it, I mean)? So you could just type in some text in a textbox
and press enter.

Thanks.

-Justin

Farrel Lifson

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to have <enter> be the same as pressing 'OK' (without
> selecting it, I mean)? So you could just type in some text in a textbox
> and press enter.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Justin

Thanks for the suggestion, never thought it, I'll put it in the next release.

Farrel

Justin Collins

Farrel Lifson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any way to have <enter> be the same as pressing 'OK' (without
>> selecting it, I mean)? So you could just type in some text in a textbox
>> and press enter.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -Justin
>>
>> --
>>

> Thanks for the suggestion, never thought it, I'll put it in the next
> release.
>
> Farrel

Awesome! Thanks!

-Justin