Re: Possible Tempfile Improvements?

Harold Hausman

8/4/2006 8:46:00 AM

On 8/4/06, Ian MacLeod <imacleod@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, new here. I've been mucking about with Tempfile lately, mainly in
> regards to using Ruby for web-coding. So with it in mind that I'm focusing
> on Tempfile from that angle, here are some quick improvements I'd like to
> propose:
>
> Tempfile#store(path):

> Tempfile#basename (or maybe Tempfile#original_basename to avoid potential
> naming conflicts down the road)

> And actually, that's all I can think of.
> --
> - Ian MacLeod

Hi,

Have you seen:
http://rub...

Specifically your ideas reminded me of:
http://rub...manual/reference-variables.html
(Web::Upload#save(some_path) and Web::Upload#original_filename)

It's a really slick little thing, especially for me since all the
servers I have to work with at work are IIS and its IIS integration is
all the way nice. (It also has apache integration which I've never
personally used)

Thought I'd drop the line, just in case, (:

-Harold