Re: For performance, write it in C#

Peter Hickman

8/3/2006 8:35:00 AM

Would this work with Mono?

2 Answers

Michael Trier

In the cradle? I understand it has successfully passed all ruby 1.8.2
tests. I would think that means there's quite a bit in there.

John Lam

I spent a lot of time with Miguel at Lang .Net this week, and what he
suggested was writing a script that would run runtime.dll through
ILDASM, and then strip out a whole bunch of P/Invoke goo that Mono
doesn't understand (but which isn't required to run) and then feed the
resulting .il file through ILASM.

This would neatly sidestep the need to write stuff in C# which would rock.

Would someone out there be interested in taking up this challenge? It
shouldn't be too hard to do ...

Cheers,
-John
http://www.iu...