Another word game

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

8/3/2006 2:48:00 AM

A while back, we had "Ruby is to Rails as ______ is to ______?" How
about, "When the only tool you have is Ruby, everything looks like a
________?"

8 Answers

dblack

Logan Capaldo

On Aug 2, 2006, at 10:47 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> A while back, we had "Ruby is to Rails as ______ is to ______?" How
> about, "When the only tool you have is Ruby, everything looks like
> a ________?"

When the only tool you have is Ruby, everything looks like a DSL.

Matt Todd

When the only tool you have is Ruby, everything looks like a happy ending.

or maybe ... rodeo clown (a little funny but slightly dangerous)!

(I'm keen on the 'duck', and the DSL is kinda funny!)

M.T.

Carlos

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> A while back, we had "Ruby is to Rails as ______ is to ______?" How
> about, "When the only tool you have is Ruby, everything looks like a
> ________?"

..."piece of cake"?

Too propagandistic. :)
--

Martin DeMello

On 8/3/06, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb@cesmail.net> wrote:
> A while back, we had "Ruby is to Rails as ______ is to ______?" How
> about, "When the only tool you have is Ruby, everything looks like a

(n) opportunity

m.

William Grosso

"Shark with a friggin' laser beam attached to its head"

Of course, that may be influenced by the fact that I just watched Austin
Powers.

bill

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> A while back, we had "Ruby is to Rails as ______ is to ______?" How
> about, "When the only tool you have is Ruby, everything looks like a
> ________?"

John Stoneham

"When the only tool you have is Ruby, everything looks like a ..."

proc.

Rick DeNatale

On 8/2/06, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb@cesmail.net> wrote:
> A while back, we had "Ruby is to Rails as ______ is to ______?" How
> about, "When the only tool you have is Ruby, everything looks like a
> ________?"

Two answers.

1) Technical

When the only tool you have is Ruby, everything looks like an object.

2) Psychological

When the only tool you have is Ruby, everything looks like fun.

And, stepping outside of the box.

When the only tool you have is Ruby, what else to you need?

--
Rick DeNatale

IPMS/USA Region 12 Coordinator
http://ipmsr12.denh...