Speaking of T-shirts...

Hal E. Fulton

8/2/2006 6:45:00 AM

The other day in a fit of insomnia I designed
the "Ruby geek" symbol. It's based on ESR's
thing (some of you may cringe). You know, the
floater from Conway's Game of Life.

See http://www.cafepress.com/mathom...

Cheers,
Hal

"My parents went to a planet where the dominant
lifeform had no bilateral symmetry, and all I
got was this stupid F-shirt." -- seen elsewhere

5 Answers

Chad Perrin

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 03:44:48PM +0900, Hal Fulton wrote:
> The other day in a fit of insomnia I designed
> the "Ruby geek" symbol. It's based on ESR's
> thing (some of you may cringe). You know, the
> floater from Conway's Game of Life.
>
> See http://www.cafepress.com/mathom...

Excellent!

--
CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.ap... ]
"The measure on a man's real character is what he would do

Mat Schaffer

On Aug 2, 2006, at 2:44 AM, Hal Fulton wrote:

> The other day in a fit of insomnia I designed
> the "Ruby geek" symbol. It's based on ESR's
> thing (some of you may cringe). You know, the
> floater from Conway's Game of Life.
>
> See http://www.cafepress.com/mathom...
>

> Cheers,
> Hal

I really like that mousepad. Does the money here go to help out any
projects? Or is it just pure capitalism?
-Mat

Eric Armstrong

Hal Fulton wrote:
> The other day in a fit of insomnia I designed
> the "Ruby geek" symbol. It's based on ESR's
> thing (some of you may cringe). You know, the
> floater from Conway's Game of Life.
>
> See http://www.cafepress.com/mathom...

I love the Ruby for Super Programmers logo!
http://www.cafepress.com/mathomhou...

Jeff Schwab

Hal Fulton wrote:
> The other day in a fit of insomnia I designed
> the "Ruby geek" symbol. It's based on ESR's
> thing (some of you may cringe). You know, the
> floater from Conway's Game of Life.
>
> See http://www.cafepress.com/mathom...

Very nice. FYI, the hit-counter image isn't showing up:
http://hypermetrics.com/cgi-bin/imagecounter?df=hypermetrics_ru...|ft=0|pad=0|dd=D

Hal E. Fulton

Mat Schaffer wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2006, at 2:44 AM, Hal Fulton wrote:
>
>> The other day in a fit of insomnia I designed
>> the "Ruby geek" symbol. It's based on ESR's
>> thing (some of you may cringe). You know, the
>> floater from Conway's Game of Life.
>>
>> See http://www.cafepress.com/mathom...
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Hal
>

> I really like that mousepad. Does the money here go to help out any
> projects? Or is it just pure capitalism?

I was out a few days and just got this.

I used to donate half to Rubycentral (which amounted
to nearly nothing anyway).

I suppose you could say it helps pay for my webhosting and
my Rubyconf registration.

Most of my Ruby projects cause people to wrinkle their
foreheads and say, "Why would you want that?" So there
seems little point in seeking people to support them
monetarily. If that's what you meant.

Hal