load commands during irb startup

junkone

8/2/2006 1:05:00 AM

HI
There are the few commands that i always run from irb.
require 'watir'

Can i load it automatically for me to save keystrokes. I can precieve
froms docs that i can, but not able to figure it out well

Seede

4 Answers

Tim Hunter

junkone@rogers.com wrote:
> HI
> There are the few commands that i always run from irb.
> require 'watir'
>
> Can i load it automatically for me to save keystrokes. I can precieve
> froms docs that i can, but not able to figure it out well
>
> Seede

Put it in your .irbrc

http://www.rubycentral.com/boo...

junkone

HI
I read that file. I am not sure how to configure it. can u provide an
example.
appreciate ur help

Where is my .irbrc. I cannot see it in my conf nor is there a file with
such a name in my c:\Ruby

Seede

Timothy Hunter wrote:
> junkone@rogers.com wrote:
> > HI
> > There are the few commands that i always run from irb.
> > require 'watir'
> >
> > Can i load it automatically for me to save keystrokes. I can precieve
> > froms docs that i can, but not able to figure it out well
> >
> > Seede
> >

> Put it in your .irbrc
>
> http://www.rubycentral.com/boo...

Robert Klemme

junkone@rogers.com wrote:
> HI
> I read that file. I am not sure how to configure it. can u provide an
> example.

You can simply put any ruby code in there including "require" statements.

> appreciate ur help
>
> Where is my .irbrc. I cannot see it in my conf nor is there a file with
> such a name in my c:\Ruby

It's in your home directory. Since you didn't give the OS and Ruby
distribution I can't be more specific here.

Regards

robert

PS: Please don't top post.

junkone

HI. I have a windows xp os and my ruby version is
ruby 1.8.4 (2006-04-14) [i386-mswin32]

Ruby is installed in c:\ruby