RoR free hosting

John

8/2/2006 12:11:00 AM

Does anyone know of a good hosting company that is offering free ruby
on rails hosting? I have a 1and1 account, but as of yet they do not
support rails. Thanks.

4 Answers

Simen

On 8/2/06, John@ruby-lang.org <John@ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good hosting company that is offering free ruby
> on rails hosting? I have a 1and1 account, but as of yet they do not
> support rails. Thanks.

A quick Google sent me to http://www.freeo.... Anyway, try
posting to the Rails mailing list.

--
- Simen

Aaron Reimann

a2hosting.com

i have about 8 sites there. they keep very current on versions of php,
mysql, rails, etc.

John wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good hosting company that is offering free ruby
> on rails hosting? I have a 1and1 account, but as of yet they do not
> support rails. Thanks.

Harris Reynolds

Hello. I am hitting a nasty error where the Ruby interpreter is only expecting one argument for a particular method call, but it is actually declared to have three arguments. The error is happening when trying to invoke this method...

def dispatch(cgi = nil, session_options = ActionController::CgiRequest::DEFAULT_SESSION_OPTIONS, output = $stdout)

Below are the two error messages when using two different web servers to try to invoke the request:

#<ArgumentError: wrong number of arguments (3 for 1)>
["C:/sdks/ruby/1.8.4/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.1.4/lib/webrick_server.rb:115:in `dispatch'",

...and...

Error calling Dispatcher.dispatch #<ArgumentError: wrong number of arguments (3 for 1)>
C:/sdks/ruby/1.8.4/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.3-mswin32/lib/mongrel/rails.rb:73:in `dispatch'

The real pain comes in when looking at the source for both cases, webrick_server.rb:115 and mongrel/rails.rb:73 and noticing that the calls *do* have three arguments, and the method definition is expecting three arguments.

Any idea why the interpreter would only think one argument required for this method?

thanks,

~harris

Robert Klemme

Harris Reynolds wrote:
> Hello. I am hitting a nasty error where the Ruby interpreter is only expecting one argument for a particular method call, but it is actually declared to have three arguments. The error is happening when trying to invoke this method...
>
> def dispatch(cgi = nil, session_options = ActionController::CgiRequest::DEFAULT_SESSION_OPTIONS, output = $stdout)
>
> Below are the two error messages when using two different web servers to try to invoke the request:
>
> #<ArgumentError: wrong number of arguments (3 for 1)>
> ["C:/sdks/ruby/1.8.4/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.1.4/lib/webrick_server.rb:115:in `dispatch'",
>
> ..and...
>
> Error calling Dispatcher.dispatch #<ArgumentError: wrong number of arguments (3 for 1)>
> C:/sdks/ruby/1.8.4/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.3-mswin32/lib/mongrel/rails.rb:73:in `dispatch'
>
> The real pain comes in when looking at the source for both cases, webrick_server.rb:115 and mongrel/rails.rb:73 and noticing that the calls *do* have three arguments, and the method definition is expecting three arguments.
>
> Any idea why the interpreter would only think one argument required for this method?

I'd double check that the method that is invoked is actually the one you
think. Maybe there is a dynamic method redefinition or some other
method shadows the method you think is called.

Did you try to check the method? You can do something like this:

irb(main):001:0> s="s"
=> "s"
irb(main):002:0> m = s.method :gsub
=> #<Method: String#gsub>
irb(main):003:0> p m; p m.arity
#<Method: String#gsub>
-1
=> nil

With that you see where the method is defined and the # of args.

HTH

robert