wsdl2ruby and SOAP problems

emcconne

8/1/2006 4:01:00 PM

I am new to Ruby and am evaluating it for a project that would replace
and extend existing Perl code. I am using wsdl2ruby to generate a
client stub with associated classes for a web service. Most of the
basic calls more fine but the more complex method calls that take
parameter "anyType" do not work so well. It appears that the type is
not getting set in the SOAP message generated by ruby. However, the
perl code does allow me to set the type (manually by calling
SOAP::Data -> type using SOAP::Lite). Below is the relevant code and
generated messages: