Re: almost there

Peter Booth

7/31/2006 2:03:00 AM

I installed in the following order and had no problems, and did no
configuration of RadRails.

Eclipse
Ruby
RDT
Gems
Rails
RadRails plugin to existing Eclipse

Did you remove the rubyopt=gems definition? Does RDT work?

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: David Askew [mailto:dhaskew@earthlink.net]
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 9:27 PM
To: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org
Subject: almost there

So, after a little sweat and hair pulling, I almost have a functional
Ruby/Rails/Mysql/OSX/RadRails setup. The only real problem now is
trying to figure out why I can't get RadRails to create new projects
for me with stuff in them. It will create them, but they will be
empty. It seems to not be able to run the "rails" command for me.
I've put the relevant path(s) in the configuration dialogs, and I've
tried different values for the rails gem, but nothing seems to work.
I can run rails at the prompt and then import the project and off I go.

Any thoughts?

The information contained in and accompanying this communication is strictly
confidential and intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).
If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply and then
delete it from your system; you should not copy the message or disclose its
content to anyone.
MarketAxess reserves the right to monitor the content of emails sent to or
from its systems.
Any comments or statements made are not necessarily those of MarketAxess.
For more information, please visit www.marketaxess.com. MarketAxess Europe
Limited is regulated in the UK by the FSA, registered in England no.
4017610, registered office at 71 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 4BS.
Telephone (020) 7709 3100.
MarketAxess Corporation is regulated in the USA by the SEC and the NASD,
incorporated in Delaware, executive offices at 140 Broadway, New York, NY
10005. Telephone (1) 212 813 6000.

1 Answer

David Askew

On Jul 30, 2006, at 10:03 PM, Peter Booth wrote:

> I installed in the following order and had no problems, and did no
> configuration of RadRails.
>
> Eclipse
> Ruby
> RDT
> Gems
> Rails
> RadRails plugin to existing Eclipse
>

> Did you remove the rubyopt=gems definition? Does RDT work?
>
> Peter

where is "rubyopt=gems definition" defined?

I'm not sure what RDT encompasses. I'm using RadRails standalone,
and not as a plugin on-top of a preexisting Eclipse installation.
RadRails seems to be feature complete/functional ... except for the
initial rails project generation piece ...