Re: state of unicode support

Berger, Daniel

7/28/2006 3:05:00 PM

Good grief, this was *just* covered ad nauseum recently. Search the
archives.

- Dan

prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication

Chad Perrin

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 12:05:26AM +0900, Berger, Daniel wrote:

> > I've heard rumors that "oniguruma fixes everything", and the
> > like. I'm sure that's a touch of hyperbole, but in any case:
> >
> > What's the current state of Unicode support in Ruby? My
> > recollection is of Unicode support somewhat lacking.
>
> Good grief, this was *just* covered ad nauseum recently. Search the
> archives.

Good grief, you're a prick. Thanks for the help. Has everyone in the
world been on this mailing list since it was started?

--
CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.ap... ]

Chad Perrin

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 12:26:44AM +0900, Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 12:05:26AM +0900, Berger, Daniel wrote:
> > >
> > > I've heard rumors that "oniguruma fixes everything", and the
> > > like. I'm sure that's a touch of hyperbole, but in any case:
> > >
> > > What's the current state of Unicode support in Ruby? My
> > > recollection is of Unicode support somewhat lacking.
> >
> > Good grief, this was *just* covered ad nauseum recently. Search the
> > archives.
>
> Good grief, you're a prick. Thanks for the help. Has everyone in the
> world been on this mailing list since it was started?

Whoops. I offer my apologies to ruby-talk: that was meant to be an
off-list email.

--
CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.ap... ]
"It's just incredible that a trillion-synapse computer could actually