J-C Hendrickx

7/28/2006 6:14:00 AM

Hello,

I am a beginner in ruby.
I wonder how to place a word at x y in a terminal
(puts ?)
like (in old basic) locate(x,y).

Thanks for any tips.

J-C H.

Jean-Claude Hendrickx
à Bruxelles
jeanclaude.hendrickx@chello.be

3 Answers

William James

J-C Hendrickx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a beginner in ruby.
> I wonder how to place a word at x y in a terminal
> (puts ?)
> like (in old basic) locate(x,y).
>
> Thanks for any tips.
>
> J-C H.
>

> Jean-Claude Hendrickx
> à Bruxelles
> jeanclaude.hendrickx@chello.be

Use Win32::Console.

Nobuyoshi Nakada

At Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:15:04 +0900,
J-C Hendrickx wrote in [ruby-talk:204437]:
> I wonder how to place a word at x y in a terminal
> (puts ?)
> like (in old basic) locate(x,y).

It very depends on the platform. See examples in
ext/curses/*.rb, if you can use curses.

--
Nobu Nakada

J-C Hendrickx

Le Fri, 28 Jul 2006 17:23:57 +0900, nobu a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> At Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:15:04 +0900,
> J-C Hendrickx wrote in [ruby-talk:204437]:
>> I wonder how to place a word at x y in a terminal
>> (puts ?)
>> like (in old basic) locate(x,y).
>
> It very depends on the platform. See examples in
> ext/curses/*.rb, if you can use curses.

Thank you, I am in Linux I'll try your suggestion.

--