RSS Guid Field

James Gray

7/27/2006 11:07:00 PM

Can anyone give me a hint on the syntax for adding a guid field while
using RSS::Maker? I've found a way to add it with a regular
expression, but I cannot seem to figure out the interface to do it
properly.

James Edward Gray II

5 Answers

Kouhei Sutou

James Gray

On Jul 30, 2006, at 4:20 AM, Kouhei Sutou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In <6791A787-6B59-4BB5-A009-6E575475D443@grayproductions.net>
> "RSS Guid Field" on Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:07:04 +0900,
> James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> wrote:
>
>> Can anyone give me a hint on the syntax for adding a guid field while
>> using RSS::Maker? I've found a way to add it with a regular
>> expression, but I cannot seem to figure out the interface to do it
>> properly.
>
> What are you saying about /rss/channel/item/guid? If so, the
> followings might help you:
>
> http://www.cozmixng.org/~rwiki/?cmd=view;name=RSS+...
> 3AReference.en
> http://www.cozmixng.org/~rwiki/?cmd=view;name=RSS+...
> 3AReference.en#item.2eguid
> http://www.cozmixng.org/~rwiki/?cmd=view;name=RSS+...
> 3AReference.en#item.2eguid_2

Setting the guid only works in RSS 2.0? Does that mean it's not
valid in RSS 1.0?

James Edward Gray II

Kouhei Sutou

2006/8/1, James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net>:

> Setting the guid only works in RSS 2.0? Does that mean it's not
> valid in RSS 1.0?

Yes.
The reason why I can't find any specification of RSS 1.0 with guid.

Thanks,
--
kou

James Gray

On Jul 31, 2006, at 8:37 PM, Kouhei Sutou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2006/8/1, James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net>:
>
>> Setting the guid only works in RSS 2.0? Does that mean it's not
>> valid in RSS 1.0?
>
> Yes.
> The reason why I can't find any specification of RSS 1.0 with guid.

You helped me fix my script. Thank you very much.

James Edward Gray II

-=DirtBag©

On 8/13/10 9:13 AM, brad herschel wrote:

> Cash is King.

Not according to my bank who called to remind me my cash was loosing
value at present interest rates.. Cash is king ONLY if you use it to
make money... otherwise is kinda sucks..