Re: Welcome to our (ruby-talk ML) You are added automatically

Ty

7/27/2006 3:03:00 AM

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 10:05 +0900, ruby-talk-admin@ruby-lang.org wrote:
> # guide

6 Answers

Zacharias Mulletstein

3109 Dead <dead@gone.com> wrote:

> >> rootforamerica.com
> >
> > No.
> > Don't visit propaganda sites.
>
> Never even heard of the asshole. He's big on self-promotion though, I
> see that.

Sampson Kanderayi, a mass murderer called The Ax Killer, killed more
than 30 people. The newspaper reported "he did it to appease evil
spirits." He was a Christian

duke

3109 Dead <dead@gone.com> wrote:

> >> rootforamerica.com
> >
> > No.
> > Don't visit propaganda sites.
>
> Never even heard of the asshole. He's big on self-promotion though, I
> see that.

If you look up "atheism" in the dictionary, you will probably
find it defined as the belief that there is no God. Certainly
many people understand atheism in this way. Yet many atheists
do not, and this is not what the term means if one considers it
from the point of view of its Greek roots. In Greek "a" means
"without" or "not" and "theos" means "god." From this standpoint
an atheist would simply be someone without a belief in God, not
necessarily someone who believes that God does not exist. According
to its Greek roots, then, atheism is a negative view, characterized
by the absence of belief in God.

Milt

On Aug 9, 2:33 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:

> > > No.
> > > Don't visit propaganda sites.
>
> > Never even heard of the asshole.  He's big on self-promotion though, I
> > see that.
>
> If you look up "atheism" in the dictionary, you will probably
> find it defined as the belief that there is no God. Certainly
> many people understand atheism in this way. Yet many atheists
> do not, and this is not what the term means if one considers it
> from the point of view of its Greek roots. In Greek "a" means
> "without" or "not" and "theos" means "god." From this standpoint
> an atheist would simply be someone without a belief in God, not
> necessarily someone who believes that God does not exist. According
> to its Greek roots, then, atheism is a negative view, characterized
> by the absence of belief in God.

Depends on the atheist. MOST atheists simply don't believe in a deity.
But there's a smallish group of loud, obnoxious atheists who seem to
think they KNOW there is no deity, that a deity is not possible.
They're not content with simply not believing in a deity. They have to
ridicule those who have a belief, and they try to push their atheism
on everyone they see. I call them "evangelical atheists" and they're
just as obnoxious as any other evangelical.

SaPeIsMa

"Zacharias Mulletstein" <zachariasmulletstein@alwaysalwaysright.com> wrote
in message news:637ecb908d58334@swing.com...

> Sampson Kanderayi, a mass murderer called The Ax Killer, killed more
> than 30 people. The newspaper reported "he did it to appease evil
> spirits." He was a Christian

SO you're claiming that it was BECAUSE he was Christian and not because he
was mentally ill that he killed those people
Are you really this stupid ?

Oh wait..
Yes you are...

Scout

"duke" <duckgumbo32@cox.net> wrote in message

>> > No.
>> > Don't visit propaganda sites.
>>
>> Never even heard of the asshole. He's big on self-promotion though, I
>> see that.
>
> If you look up "atheism" in the dictionary, you will probably
> find it defined as the belief that there is no God. Certainly
> many people understand atheism in this way. Yet many atheists
> do not, and this is not what the term means if one considers it
> from the point of view of its Greek roots. In Greek "a" means
> "without" or "not" and "theos" means "god." From this standpoint
> an atheist would simply be someone without a belief in God, not
> necessarily someone who believes that God does not exist.

'without god' doesn't suggest that God(s) do not exist?

'not god' doesn't suggest that God(s) do no exist?

I think it does.

On Aug 9, 9:38 am, 3109 Dead <d...@gone.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 04:49:17 -0700, Milt wrote:

> >> If you look up "atheism" in the dictionary, you will probably find it
> >> defined as the belief that there is no God. Certainly many people
> >> understand atheism in this way. Yet many atheists do not, and this is
> >> not what the term means if one considers it from the point of view of
> >> its Greek roots. In Greek "a" means "without" or "not" and "theos"
> >> means "god." From this standpoint an atheist would simply be someone
> >> without a belief in God, not necessarily someone who believes that God
> >> does not exist. According to its Greek roots, then, atheism is a
> >> negative view, characterized by the absence of belief in God.
>
> > Depends on the atheist. MOST atheists simply don't believe in a deity.
> > But there's a smallish group of loud, obnoxious atheists who seem to
> > think they KNOW there is no deity, that a deity is not possible. They're
> > not content with simply not believing in a deity. They have to ridicule
> > those who have a belief, and they try to push their atheism on everyone
> > they see. I call them "evangelical atheists" and they're just as
> > obnoxious as any other evangelical.
>
> Yes, yes, and while most black people are members of the New Black
> Panther Party, you want to obsessively talk about that, because you
> aren't a bigot, right?

Wow, did pull a hammy stretching that far?

I have absolutely no problem with anyone's belief systems or lack of
same. I only object to attempts to indoctrinate others, and absolutist
claims of knowledge by anyone.

You know, given that I mentioned no names and gave no examples, you
sure did jerk that knee fast.