Re: eRuby: A tutorial on using Ruby on the web

Peña, Botp

7/27/2006 1:11:00 AM

fr tesla:
# Exactly our point. Since the end result should be a Ruby teaching
# situation we found that Rails got in the way.

indeed. teaching ruby thru rails is quite a hurdle. my own personal experience only btw.

# Also students would need
# two books (budgets you know) rather than one ;)

request the agile team to provide academic editions :)

# Also I truly dislike that acronym FUD. It is thrown about
# too often when
# people are giving their experiences, outlook and opinion.
# None or us fear
# Rails, are uncertain about its purpose nor doubt that its
# capabilities. We
# just decided based on our own conferencing and
# experimentation not to go
# with Rails this time and we gave our reasons why.

fwiw, my kids (2 high and 1 grade) prefer Nitro (just because they are nubies and ergo not ready for rails advanced programming).

try ruby and nitro. I assure you you wont regret it.

kind regards -botp