drb-ssl question

Ryan McGovern

7/26/2006 7:34:00 PM

I want to have a drb server that uses the drb-ssl library automatically
start up on boot.

To do this i need a program that can provide the password into the
prompt. I've tried all combanations of pipes into the drb program to
achieve this.
Do any of you have any experience or ideas with this?

-Ryan

3 Answers

Dido Sevilla

On 7/27/06, Ryan McGovern <mcgoverp@labs.uc.edu> wrote:
> I want to have a drb server that uses the drb-ssl library automatically
> start up on boot.
>
> To do this i need a program that can provide the password into the
> prompt. I've tried all combanations of pipes into the drb program to
> achieve this.
> Do any of you have any experience or ideas with this?

Why not store your private key (which is what I assume the password is
for) in plaintext form anyway? You might as well do that, rather than
go through the hoops of attempting to provide the password elsewhere
(itself in plaintext). Both methods are equally (un)secure, my
suggestion has the advantage of attempting to machine-provide a
password to a program that is trying its darndest to prevent that. To
save the private key in plaintext, the following command should
suffice:

openssl rsa -in mykey.key -out mykey.key.unsecure

and use mykey.key.unsecure instead of mykey.key for the certificate
private key used by your program.

Eric Hodel

On Jul 26, 2006, at 12:33 PM, Ryan McGovern wrote:

> I want to have a drb server that uses the drb-ssl library
> automatically start up on boot.
>
> To do this i need a program that can provide the password into the
> prompt. I've tried all combanations of pipes into the drb program
> to achieve this. Do any of you have any experience or ideas with this?

You want to use a passwordless SSL key.

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://blog.se...

http://trackmap.rob...

Iarnrod

On Aug 13, 4:56 am, * Hates US * the failed bushkultie counter-disinfo
shill flailed in impotent kooker rage:

> You needn't restate the obvious.

Another excuse for the bushkultie's "obvious" failure to NAME ONE
THING in his link that he "thinks" is true. He can't and he won't
because he knows the minute that he does, I will be here to shove
TRUTH up his stupid kooker ass. He's afwaid to get down into the
details because he knows he is wrong and will be proven so, as all the
witnesses and physics and science and facts and evidence proves my
right and him physically impossibly wrong. FACT.

> Not one word of the witnesses has yet been disputed.

So why don't you believe them when not a single one reports one single
controlled demolition explosive, nutjob? Why do you hate the witnesses
who all contradict you?