require_gem question

Andrew Gibson

7/26/2006 1:10:00 PM

Does require_gem also load all of the listed dependencies in the gem
spec or are those dependencies loaded by manually through require
statements?

so example:
require_gem 'rails'

the rails gem has:
actionwebservice
actionmailer
actionpack
activerecord
activesupport
rake
as listed dependencies.

so does require_gem 'rails' also perform require_gem 'actionamailer',
etc... ? or is there a specific 'require' statement somewhere in 'rails'
?

Eric Hodel

On Jul 26, 2006, at 6:09 AM, Andrew Gibson wrote:

> Does require_gem also load all of the listed dependencies in the gem
> spec or are those dependencies loaded by manually through require
> statements?
>
> so example:
> require_gem 'rails'
>
> the rails gem has:
> actionwebservice
> actionmailer
> actionpack
> activerecord
> activesupport
> rake

require_gem is only useful for picking a particular version of a
gem. If you don't manually specify the version of the dependent gems
(in dependency order) you'll get whatever their gemspecs need.

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://blog.se...

http://trackmap.rob...

Thanatos

In article <4c64f3d2$0$1622$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net>,
rfischer@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:

> Thanatos <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> >In article <4c624237$0$1615$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net>,
> > rfischer@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:

> >> Obviously not here.
> >
> >Here is not where such things are adjudicated.
>
> Then why is it brought up for discussion here, moron?

Actually, you did.

> >> And where's the political element you claim exists?
> >
> >That isn't what you claimed.
>
> Run along, asshole.

I'll take that as admission that you've got nothing.

trotsky

On 8/13/10 5:42 AM, Thanatos wrote:
> In article<4c64f3d2$0$1622$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net>,
> rfischer@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>
>> Thanatos<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> Here is not where such things are adjudicated.
>>
>> Then why is it brought up for discussion here, moron?
>
> Actually, you did.

>>> That isn't what you claimed.
>>
>> Run along, asshole.
>
> I'll take that as admission that you've got nothing.

Alternately, we could just take that as admission that you're an asshole.