Ruby, CSV and PDF / Porting xtopdf to Ruby with PDF::Writer

vasudevram

7/25/2006 2:02:00 PM

Hey,

Started porting my xtopdf PDF creation/conversion toolkit -
http://sourceforge.net/proje... - from Python to Ruby.
Using PDF::Writer for the underlying PDF creation work.
It looks like a good component.

Details here:

http://jugad.livejournal.com/2...

And here:

http://jugad.livejournal.com/2...

Also did some work on porting DBFReader.py, another part of xtopdf, to
Ruby.
Coding in Ruby really seems to flow with ease - a tribute to the
language design.

Will be creating a RubyForge project for it after some more work is
done.
Anyone who wants to know when that happens, feel free to subscribe to
my blog feed - http://feeds.feedburner....

That's my blog where I track and comment on software innovation, both
commercial and open source, happening worldwide.

- Vasudev
Custom utility development
Software consulting and training
http://www.dancin...