Introduction to Foreign Keys?

raffir

7/23/2006 4:34:00 PM

I'm relatively new to Rails and SQL. I've been working on an
application for a while now, and I feel that I could really benefit
from an introduction to using foreign keys both in SQL and Rails. Is
such an introduction available? Where would I find one?

Thanks,

- Raffi.

1 Answer

Mat Schaffer

On Jul 23, 2006, at 12:35 PM, raffir@gmail.com wrote:

> I'm relatively new to Rails and SQL. I've been working on an
> application for a while now, and I feel that I could really benefit
> from an introduction to using foreign keys both in SQL and Rails. Is
> such an introduction available? Where would I find one?

It's hard to say just how low level you should start. But the Agile
Development with Rails book contains a bit of info on foreign keys
and is a pretty good read in general.
-Mat