[ANN] Composite Primary Keys for ActiveRecord 0.3.2

Dr Nic

7/23/2006 2:13:00 PM

[Cross-posting from Ruby on Rails forum]

ActiveRecords with composite primary keys now seem to happily support
find/create/update/destroy options.

Background:
Rails/ActiveRecords has long been critised for not supporting legacy
databases, especially composite primary keys. This gem extends ARs with
this support.

Cheers
Nic

Sven Suska

Thanks, Nic, for crossposting!

I'm so happy to know, that composite primary keys
can at last be used with ActiveRecord.

Thanks you for sharing your code with us (me, especially :-) )

Sven

Sven Suska wrote:
> Thanks, Nic, for crossposting!
>
> I'm so happy to know, that composite primary keys
> can at last be used with ActiveRecord.
>
> Thanks you for sharing your code with us (me, especially :-) )

No problems :)

Let me know of any special use cases that don't work (else I'll just
keep writing code that just I need)

At the moment I'm working on foreign keys in associations, e.g.

class Foo < AR::Base
has_many :bars, :foreign_key => [:bar_id, :seq]
end

Cheers
Nic