Re: irb and readline

Torben Wölm

7/21/2006 1:14:00 PM

> listrecv@gmail.com wrote:
> > Got it. So, is there anyway to shut off history from the windows
> > console? That would probably solve the large-line-bug while still
> > allowing tab completion.
>
> I was able to lower buffer size and number of buffers to 1, but it
> didn't solve the problem. (The console did keep a 1 line history,
> though, so this still might be the problem.)

I tried

C:\>DOSKEY /listsize=0

That seems to remove the history in cmd.exe?

HTH
torben

2 Answers

List Recv

Torben Wölm wrote:

> I tried
>
> C:\>DOSKEY /listsize=0
>
> That seems to remove the history in cmd.exe?

Yes, it does - thanks.

Unfortunately, irb's readline still doesn't work, so my theory was
wrong. Oh well.

Peña, Botp

fr listserv:
# Yes, it does - thanks.
#
# Unfortunately, irb's readline still doesn't work, so my theory was
# wrong. Oh well.

fwiw,
on my windows cmd.exe properties, i have:

Screen buffer size:
width: 80
height: 999

Window size: