Re: One-Click Installer: MinGW? or VC2005?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

7/21/2006 2:57:00 AM

Nuralanur@aol.com wrote:
> I guess this counts as a vote for MinGW :)

Could someone remind me what it was that *can't* be built using MinGW?

1 Answer

Mikko Lehtonen

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Nuralanur@aol.com wrote:
>> I guess this counts as a vote for MinGW :)
>>
> Could someone remind me what it was that *can't* be built using MinGW?

My only concern is the ability to interface with other binary-only
code, especially c++ libraries.

To tell the truth, I haven't even tried, so I'm not sure what
problems, if any, there is with that. But I would really like if
someone who knows his stuff to try out and convince me that it really
isn't a issue.

After that, I'm all for mingw! (though I'd hope they update gcc, even
for only testing)

And embedded (extension) developer suite would certainly be awesome!
Either separate package or gem installable (maybe even have source gem
for building the cross-compiler?)

--
Mikko Lehtonen